ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Playlist Ads

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 05/24/10 11:05 PM Views: 1798 Replies: 9
Monday, May 24, 2010 at 11:05 PM

I just added a new Playlist to my website, and it not only comes up on a page of ads, right in the middle of playing it cuts off to go to an ad. Now it seems to be telling me that the only way I can get music without the ads is to pay $ 2.99 per month. Does this sound familiar to anyone else? Is there a way around this? The world is so friggin commercial, I guess I should be surprised that the free music lasted as long as it dit. Edd

Tuesday, May 25, 2010 at 12:13 AM - Response #1

I have not heard of this yet but it wouldn't surprise me. I'll be interested to know if others are now experiencing this.

Tuesday, May 25, 2010 at 1:05 AM - Response #2

Yes I have. I pay the $2.99 per month now.

Wednesday, May 26, 2010 at 10:59 PM - Response #3

Are you talking about Playlist.com??? I just created a new playlist...and I have no pop-up ads and I don't pay a monthly fee.

Wednesday, May 26, 2010 at 11:37 PM - Response #4

Webmaster Darlene wrote:

Are you talking about Playlist.com??? I just created a new playlist...and I have no pop-up ads and I don't pay a monthly fee.

Yes, I did too, but the adds only began to show up after a few weeks, at least for me.

Wednesday, May 26, 2010 at 11:45 PM - Response #5

Really...that is strange!!!! Where on the site does it say you have to subscribe to get the playlist music???

Wednesday, May 26, 2010 at 11:50 PM - Response #6

I don't recall exactly, but generally it began coming up with message if you want Ad Free, go to ??????.

Wednesday, May 26, 2010 at 11:57 PM - Response #7

Derrell Pulis wrote:

I don't recall exactly, but generally it began coming up with message if you want Ad Free, go to ??????.

Actually, they were pretty 'discrete' ads. All they were was inviting people viewing player to JOIN playlist.com. I suppose that might not even be seen if the player is hidden. Mine in a couple of places are seen, so that they they can use the Pop Out player to continue selecting songs after exiting the page. Maybe the Pop Out Player was the source of the little "ad"????

Edited 05/27/10 12:00 AM
Thursday, May 27, 2010 at 12:13 AM - Response #8
jukebox2(1).gif

i agree with Darlene...something smells kinda "fishy in Denmark"!..Are you using this Playlist.com?
We have a few lists,and there are no ads,no fees,as it states, It's Free...you might want to check into it a bit. Your money could be spent somewhere else and you can get your music for Free!
just my two cents worth! or whatever it's worth!Cool
kris

Edited 05/27/10 12:16 AM
Thursday, May 27, 2010 at 10:52 AM - Response #9

Well...my playlists are hidden. But even if it was visible. I delete the code for all the stuff at the bottom.
I think something is really fishy!!! I would check it out if I were you.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.