ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Register for event and not the website

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 08/12/18 08:35 AM Views: 1118 Replies: 3
Sunday, August 12, 2018 at 8:35 AM

Is there a way for a classmate to register for an event and not the website?

Sunday, August 12, 2018 at 1:08 PM - Response #1

Paula, there isn't a way for a classmate to register for an event without joining first. A couple of ways around that would be to have the classmate send an email message to the Adminstrator(s) indicating they wanted to attend the event. That is not a very good option. Another way would be to put a form on your Home Page or other non-restricted page for them to fill out that would create email to Administrators who would then "manually" register them. The second approach is what we have used for an upcoming reunion. We've even had several classmates who have joined the website use the form since they were paying by check and it was faster for them but more work for Administrators.

Monday, August 13, 2018 at 9:19 AM - Response #2

I (administrator) ask alumni to send me an email or call one of the organizers. They then tell me who to register. For us baby boomers, it's more of a challenge since some aren't tech- or computer-experienced &/or don't want to register on a website.

Perhaps the Event Planner could make a default that would allow non-registered alumni to respond! It would be easier if all alumni, registered or not, could sign up for all events. It's a challenge!

Monday, August 13, 2018 at 11:48 AM - Response #3

Paula Ivie wrote:

Is there a way for a classmate to register for an event and not the website?

Just register for them just go to events an register for them. I am doing that for several of my classmates.Exclamation

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.