ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

HOw do I turn on the instant message bar?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 10/21/10 12:26 AM Views: 2294 Replies: 11
Thursday, October 21, 2010 at 12:26 AM

I am the site admin for Riverview Gardens 1971 and had the bar at top for who's online for instant messaging. However, I logged out & back in, and can't find it. When I tried before, I was able to message people that were online, but no replies, which leads me to believe they either did not have it open.

Help! I'm learning as I go and in 2 days have nearly 80 from my class already rocking & rolling on our class website!

Thursday, October 21, 2010 at 12:10 PM - Response #1

It appears that you may have turned off your IM by clicking on the X on the bar. You will simply need to close your browser completely and reopen it and return to the site, it should appear.

Thursday, October 21, 2010 at 12:42 PM - Response #2

Thanks Scott! I totally rebooted last nite and when I logged back in, it was there. Previously I would close it and reopen, but it never showed up. Thinking there was a lil glitch or hiccup in my pc last nite....but it is there now. Still learning my way around, but thus far, totally awesome! Anxious to try the chat room when there are a few classmates online.

Monday, January 24, 2011 at 1:08 PM - Response #3

I hae rebooted and still no I/M bar. Please help.
www.sunset65.org

Monday, January 24, 2011 at 2:16 PM - Response #4

Hi JoEllen,

You have your IM listed as On - it should be loading for you in the right side of the page. I just logged on as you as a test and it came right up. You might want to try rebooting again as I just turned it off and back on again to see if I could made it disappear and then return and it came right back.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Monday, January 24, 2011 at 3:16 PM - Response #5

I am still unable to see it. I am lookin on the HOME page. Where exactly do you see it and what does it look like? Does it take a while to load? This is bazzar!

Monday, January 24, 2011 at 7:34 PM - Response #6

It is in the lower right hand side of your internet browser. It has an up arrow to allow you to expand it if you wish.

Monday, January 24, 2011 at 7:45 PM - Response #7

Could you send ne a screen print of this? There is nothing like this on my screen. I can pull up the Chat Room, but I know that I/M is seperate and apart. Just nothing in the lower right hand side of the Home Page to select or expand.

JoEllen

Tuesday, January 25, 2011 at 9:54 AM - Response #8

If you have logged on as "me" and you can see it on your computer, then perhaps the problem is with my computer or resoution settings. There is simply nothing and no "up" arrow at all at the bottom of my screen. Could it have to do with a security setting?

JoEllen Sad

Tuesday, January 25, 2011 at 4:12 PM - Response #9

I just sent you an email. You will likely need to clear your cache and cookies and restart your browser to get that IM back.

Tuesday, January 25, 2011 at 5:00 PM - Response #10

Thank you for your response and the video. It was helpful; however, even though I restarted Internet Explorer and actually restarted my computer, I still have no I/M prompt. What else can I do to clear my cache and cookies, etc.

JoEllen

Tuesday, January 25, 2011 at 5:21 PM - Response #11

To clear the cache / cookies in IE, go to Tools > Internet Options and click on the General Tab. Look for browsing history and click Delete. This might open a new window... be sure that the check boxes for cookies and temporary internet files are checked. Then click delete again. Now Close and reopen your browser. The IM box should return.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.