Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Photo questions

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/10/09 09:13 PM Views: 1310 Replies: 3
Wednesday, June 10, 2009 at 9:13 PM

Hi Brad,

Just have a couple photo questions.

1- I have turned on my 'Master Photo' on my profile page but my master photo does not show up on my private messages to classmates or on the message forum. Am I doing something wrong?

2- I have classmates wondering if they can paste photos into private messages between classmates. They want to send friends photos beyond what is on their profile page.

3- the last question that has come up- can we add a photo to a message in the forum? I know you can download You Tube videos, but wondered if you can place a photo in the body of the message.

Thank you!

Mary

Wednesday, June 10, 2009 at 10:42 PM - Response #1

1) Master photo will be shown in the upcoming threaded email system. We're finalizing that now and it should be availalbe shortly.

2) No copy and pasting photos like that will not work. An attachment feature will either launch with the new threaded email system or be available shortly thereafter. We have a few technical details to work out here, but attachments will be possible.

3) In the old forums (which you are using) you can attach photos, yes, but only if you know how to insert the photos using html code. For most Classmates this will make it impossible. With the new threaded forums (which you can activate by turning on your User Forums), yes, it's very easy for 100% of Classmates to attach photos simply by clicking the yellow photo icon.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011 at 7:23 AM - Response #2

Brad, I see that you mentioned the attachment feature for threaded email system in 2009, but unless I'm missing something it's not there. For the second year I am going to run a family photo contest where people can submit their favorites and I will then set up a survey for voting. It worked really well last year, but I can't remember how I got the photos. Some were posted to profiles, but some came attached to email. Can people use the email system, or do I have to use my personal email? (Gallery Creator doesn't quite work the way I want it to....) Thanks, Larry Gilbert, rockyriver63.com.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011 at 8:15 AM - Response #3

Larry,

You will have to use your personal e-mail address. Allowing e-mail attachments to ClassCreator's e-mail system would open up an attachment storage can-of-worms.

Another thought is you could create a PHOTO CONTEST user as a guest (PHOTO is first name, CONTEST is last name). Then supply all of your classmates with the username/password of this classmate and have them upload their photos to that classmate's PHOTOS page.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.