ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Old Logo Appearing in E-mails and Notifications

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/12/11 10:33 AM Views: 1420 Replies: 4
Wednesday, January 12, 2011 at 10:33 AM
Logo.jpg

In the early days of the site I changed the school logo a couple of times. Initially every place that used a logo changed also. I ultimately found the logo I wanted, changed it and there were some places where it didn't take effect. I believe these forums was the main place. CC made a change to rectify this for me. As I recall this was about a year ago.

This morning I got notification of a post to our user forum. It had the old logo. I sent a message to myself using the e-mail the class feature. It too had the old logo. The current logo is displayed in the left hand pane of this message.

I'd like to have the new logo consistently displayed on all CC communications and other places where the logo is displayed. Is there something I can do to make that happen once again?

The old logo is attached.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011 at 10:47 AM - Response #1

Thanks. I'll check into it.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011 at 1:37 PM - Response #2

This one is interesting and we can only come up with one possibility. Here is our guess:

Yesterday, we installed a cache-busting URL variable for the logo images (as well as the site background image), so that admins and classmates wouldn't have to keep clearing their cache after the admin uploaded any new ones. My guess is this you have actually been viewing an old cached version of the Logo for the last 2 years. It sounds crazy, but it wouldn't surprise me. So yesterday when we put that new code in, you started seeing the actual Logo that everyone else has been seeing. Your class has 4 admins - I'm guessing at some point another admin uploaded a new Logo, but you didn't know it because the old one was stored in your cache.

This is the only explanation that makes sense.

Thursday, January 13, 2011 at 7:13 PM - Response #3

As to starting to see the logo now that everyone else has been seeing; I doubt that. My wife is in the same class and all e-mails to her had been showing the new logo. Additionally, I'm almost positive that none of the other admins ever changed the logo.

However, at this juncture, no logo now shows up on e-mails to the class that either I or my wife receive.

Thursday, January 13, 2011 at 9:21 PM - Response #4

The issue has been resolved. Thanks Mike.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.