ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Flashing globe

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 04/06/13 05:13 PM Views: 1199 Replies: 6
Saturday, April 6, 2013 at 5:13 PM

Hi,

I added a revolving globe to our home page (from another CC adm). Several options, easy to create code and add. Each time a classmate clicks on it, a flashing dot appears in their location on the globe. Very cool. However, I can't seem to get it to center. Help needed please.

I am also somewhat concerned about original source of the globe. When classmates click on it, are they adding cookies to a source with non-stated commercial intentions? How can you tell?

To download go to:

http://www.revolvermaps.com/?target=home

Original CC adm link:

http://www.classcreator.com/Dordrecht-Netherlands-Instituut-Kranenburg-1980-1989/class_index.cfm

Thanks,
Donna

Saturday, April 6, 2013 at 7:51 PM - Response #1

Hi Donna,

I have the globe centered. I apologize I think I might have accidently emailed that update to those who ask to be updated when the announcement is updated.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Saturday, April 6, 2013 at 8:30 PM - Response #2

Thanks for your help Jessica. Do you know anything about the source web site?

Also, can you ask about the mistake you just made? It is so easily done so we totally understand. Smile I wish CC would change the default to "Click on the Box" to notify classmates, instead of unclick--a source of several mistakes on my part. Classmates will be programmed to ignore future messages when they can't see any obvious changes, like a space or spelling issue.

We work hard to keep them coming back. Please make this issue work better for us all.

Donna

Sunday, April 7, 2013 at 7:28 PM - Response #3

Hi Donna,

Right now you have to uncheck the box if you don't want it to send. We've had requests for it to be auto checked and not checked -- will have to look into this further.

Sunday, April 7, 2013 at 8:20 PM - Response #4

Hi Jessica,

I really appreciate your response and any consideration that can be made on the issue. I'd like the box to be not checked (empty), unless the admin wishes otherwise. Will respect a different decision however.

Thank you very much for following up.

Sunday, April 7, 2013 at 8:26 PM - Response #5

This is already an option on the Preferences page.. Scroll down to the ADVANCED OPTIONS section and choose the following

CLASSMATE NOTIFICATIONS: Classmates sign up to be notified when various pages of your site have been updated. You may not want these automatic notices to go out if you are making a small edit (e.g. fixing a typo). A checkbox is present under the editor window indicating how many people have subscribed to receive updates for the page you are editing. You can check or uncheck this box to send or not send these automatic notifications. The default status for this checkbox is settable below:

Prechecked: Automatically send subscriber notices unless box is manually unchecked before saving
   Unchecked: Do not automatically send subscriber notices unless box is manually checked before saving

Sunday, April 7, 2013 at 9:49 PM - Response #6

Hooray!! Thanks Kyle! Class Creator is the best.

Donna

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.