ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Lost content on Home Page

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 05/24/10 03:53 PM Views: 1350 Replies: 5
Monday, May 24, 2010 at 3:53 PM

I finally was able to add a playlist to home page. When I did, the welcome message disappeared. This page is so boring looking, can anyone help with some ideas to spiff it up?javascript:addSmiley('Laughing');

Monday, May 24, 2010 at 5:40 PM - Response #1

Since you only have the player added you may be able to go to a backup date which should bring it back.
I notice you have a large amount of script underneath your player which should be removed.

I would also recommend if you need help in coming up with ideas that you check out various other sites and if you need graphics to go to building block section where a lot of us have posted different graphics.

Monday, May 24, 2010 at 6:06 PM - Response #2

Thanks Jamie. I recovered the lost text but lost the playlist?

Monday, May 24, 2010 at 6:19 PM - Response #3

If you have items from your high school years, such as pictures, dance cards, year books, that you can scan and add to your site. Anything from past reunions, parties or get-togethers.

I will open my pages for a while, so you can look around my site.. Feel free to take whatever you can use.
I use google to find lots of ideas and photos. Just enter 1961 in the search and see if you can use anything. You might find a list of interesting events that happened in 1961, or list of prices of that time. I like to add pictures of our town for the ones who have moved away. Each month, I feature a classmate's profile and have a picture of the month.

It takes time and patience. Lots of trial and errors, But, I know you will have a great, interesting website for your classmates.
There's a wealth of ideas here at Classcreator and by looking at other school websites..

Monday, May 24, 2010 at 6:24 PM - Response #4

Yeah doing the backup will cause you to lose your recent additions but all you need to do is edit the page again, press source and insert the code press source again and it should be there and then you can move it down where you want before saving it.
And as was said...it will be a lot of trial and error on what will work and won't work. Pictures will be a great addition as will information on upcoming reunions or other plans. Also doing web searches for graphic sites so you can get extra stuff will help.
Keep us updated, so many of us are here to help out!

Tuesday, May 25, 2010 at 1:46 PM - Response #5

I checked back to your site...I see you got the player back and still have your welcome message!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.