ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

How was this done??

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 07/30/09 09:09 AM Views: 1562 Replies: 9
Thursday, July 30, 2009 at 9:09 AM

On the Waltrip Class of 67 ( http://forums.waltrip67.com/ ) their top tab for Message Forum redirects to the threaded user forum. How did they do this?

Thanks.
Tonya

Thursday, July 30, 2009 at 12:12 PM - Response #1

That site is only running the new threaded message forums. Your site would do the same thing should you elect to deactive your original forums.

Thursday, July 30, 2009 at 12:20 PM - Response #2

So do I deactivate the user forum and the message forum?

Thanks for the help.

Tonya

Thursday, July 30, 2009 at 12:56 PM - Response #3

No, you would just deactivate the old Message Forum, and leave your new Threaded Message Forum active.

Thursday, July 30, 2009 at 2:42 PM - Response #4

Thanks so much for the quick support.

Tonya

Friday, July 31, 2009 at 12:29 AM - Response #5

So, does it effect the forums on there? How about if you try it and would like to go back to the other style? Are you gumming up anything by switching?

Shocked

Friday, July 31, 2009 at 12:58 AM - Response #6

Do I not have something clicked? Is there something I have missed?

I am always encouraging people to write in this forum to stay focused with a topic or a group.

But, those that have, usually come back saying they can't find how to start a forum. It's sort of blind leading the blind for me! Other than I'm a little braver to explore options when I can't figure it out.

Having the administrator page up I'm not always sure if they have buttons I have or not. So I ask them what buttons they see. Sometimes it gets confusing. But, we figure it out.

Sometimes in interest of time, I will post it for them. (giving them credit for the forum, but, I'm always leery of having my name show as posting it.

When we first started I was hoping my name all the time and people not knowing how things worked, would wonder if I wanted to do everything and not realize how much they could do on their own posting and thoughts.

How much longer before you will be posting the new video instructions?

Do you have or will you have any just for administrators so they can learn more about the features they can provide?Rolling Eyes

I know you are doing an awesome job of redesigning this as we are doing our webs on our own!

Thank you for everything!

Friday, July 31, 2009 at 1:03 AM - Response #7

Norma Baron wrote:

Do I not have something clicked? Is there something I have missed?

I am always encouraging people to write in this forum to stay focused with a topic or a group.

But, those that have, usually come back saying they can't find how to start a forum. It's sort of blind leading the blind for me! Other than I'm a little braver to explore options when I can't figure it out.

Having the administrator page up I'm not always sure if they have buttons I have or not. So I ask them what buttons they see. Sometimes it gets confusing. But, we figure it out.

Sometimes in interest of time, I will post it for them. (giving them credit for the forum, but, I'm always leery of having my name show as posting it.

When we first started I was hoping my name all the time and people not knowing how things worked, would wonder if I wanted to do everything and not realize how much they could do on their own posting and thoughts.

How much longer before you will be posting the new video instructions?

Do you have or will you have any just for administrators so they can learn more about the features they can provide?Rolling Eyes

I know you are doing an awesome job of redesigning this as we are doing our webs on our own!

Thank you for everything!

I have a simular question, I thought I had things clicked to have this closed to anyone unless they were members or one of our "Lost".

What have I not clicked or told everyone they should click to have us loked to the others?

Friday, July 31, 2009 at 1:39 AM - Response #8

Norma Baron wrote:

So, does it effect the forums on there? How about if you try it and would like to go back to the other style? Are you gumming up anything by switching?

Shocked

Not really. You can activate or deactive your simple, or advanced forums at any time. Smaller schools with little forum activity might appreciate the ongoing forum with no threads. Larger schools with more discussion might prefer the threaded forums. Play with 'em both and make the call.

Friday, July 31, 2009 at 1:44 AM - Response #9

To start a New Topic inside of a forum, just click the "New Topic" button. Same way you do it in our own forums here.

If you want to see your site from a non admin view, just log in as a Classmate for a moment. Or create a non displaying guest member and use that account. Once you've done this a time or two you'll find you won't need to do it again. But give it a whirl if you want to see the site from an ordinary Classmate's perspective.

We have so many new feature requests on the table currently taht video instruction is the least of our concerns honestly. I would like to get back to those, but for the moment things are changing so rapidly the videos would be outdated quickly anyway. I should probably take that link down until we actually have time to focus on that.

Now if you guys would just stop askin' for stuff, maybe we could cut our videos. Wink

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.