ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Selecting Classmates in Message Center

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 09/01/10 12:29 AM Views: 1494 Replies: 5
Wednesday, September 1, 2010 at 12:29 AM

Any chance of activating a Ctrl Click, and Shift Click in the Message Center to select groups of Classmates to receive email. That would help a lot if want to start an email string amongst several classmates.

Wednesday, September 1, 2010 at 1:51 AM - Response #1

Will discuss this internally. We deliberately didn't make it easy for Classmates to select multiple Classmates. They can do it but they have to do it one at a time and even then the max we allowed is 20. Had to keep this one in check, too many complaints about gigantic group emails that never stopped. What we arrived at seems to be a pretty good balance. I'm not opposed to Admins having the ability to have an easier multi-Classmate selection option in Message Center though.

Wednesday, September 1, 2010 at 8:59 AM - Response #2

I Agree with Brad..I had a situation like that about 2-3 wks before the reunion..it drove me nuts..looking at the messages coming from everyone who was emailed.
Please don't change it..give admins the right to do it is ok in my book. At least the Webmaster can reel in the Admins..it's hard to reel in your alumni.

Wednesday, September 1, 2010 at 9:07 AM - Response #3

I didn't know about the limit of 20 e-mails for a given classmate but if even that had been in place before one of my members selected everyone it would have been a godsend. I can't begin to tell you what a nightmare that created.

Please don't make it any easier to create e-mail lists unless restricted to admins and in my opinion even that isn't neccesary as we have the capability to e-mail the class.

Wednesday, September 1, 2010 at 9:45 AM - Response #4

Okay, I can see the problem with the bigger classes. I only have 41 of 83 registered.

Almost funny, I can't get these "older" people to use the Message Forum, but they literally thrive on a full class email like this for days. Full class email essentially IS A FORUM, at least like Message Forum.

Agree, wouldn't want a classmate to be able to send to all like that, and the limit of 20 seems just fine.

I still believe though, if JUST an Administrator privilege, it could be put to good use and controlled. Apparently the 20 classmate limit is not applying to Administrator anyway, as many more are making it.

Edited 09/01/10 9:46 AM
Wednesday, September 1, 2010 at 11:58 AM - Response #5

As FC pointed out we really want to encourage Admins to use the Email The Class feature anyway for multiple Classmate emails. Although I will confirm that the 20 limit is in place only for Classmates in Message Center as stated above, there is no limit currently for Admins.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.