ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Change "Classmates" to "Members"

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 09/18/09 12:09 AM Views: 1163 Replies: 3
Friday, September 18, 2009 at 12:09 AM

I am using Class Creator for a membership organization, not a school class. Can I change the word "Classmates" to "Members" in all references on my site?

Friday, September 18, 2009 at 12:16 AM - Response #1

Welcome Sharon,

Yes, if you are the Root Admin (admin creating the website), then you should be able to see the menu item "PREFERENCES". Inside of the Preferences page, you will see this text:

"CLASSMATES"

The word "Classmates" appears in various places on your web site by default. If you wish to refer to your site participants as something other than "Classmates" enter an alternative word or phrase below. If the wording in this box is changed, all instances of the word "Classmates" on your site will be substituted with your alternative wording:
Replace "Classmate" (singular) with:    
Replace "Classmates" (plural) with:

Friday, September 18, 2009 at 1:10 AM - Response #2

Thanks, Kyle! I did find that option but it changes the reference only on the website, but not in the editing modes. I guess I just need to be aware of that & clue in my co-conspirators/administrators of the terminology.

Friday, September 18, 2009 at 5:05 AM - Response #3

Exactly. We're not too concerned about the back end stuff, as Class Creator is a Classmate system, but on the front end we've included all instances of the word "Classmate" and "Classmates" in the global replace variable.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.