ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Can Non-members Register for an Event?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 05/16/17 10:50 PM Views: 983 Replies: 4
Tuesday, May 16, 2017 at 10:50 PM

I don't see anyway for a non-member to register for an event. Has anybody been able to do this? Is there some kind of a work-around to accomplish this?

Tuesday, May 16, 2017 at 11:36 PM - Response #1
Smith Rock - Hiking with Jesus 2017.jpg

Staying within CC maybe set up a forum "event" page and have people enter their names there? Except you mentioned that there are no members because you didn't want the names out there.

So the other method might be to make another site (free with ads?) that you link to and there you have member profiles. You send out a system password for everyone to use so they can "join" as a regular site.

The original system is designed around "members".

Note: the home page image is 5MB in size. If you make it a jpg it is around 400kb loading much faster and especially for mobile users, doesn't use bandwidth. Attached is a sample. P.S. Very nice photograph

Edited 05/16/17 11:36 PM
Wednesday, May 17, 2017 at 12:31 PM - Response #2

Thanks, Jack. We are in the process of obtaining permission from the church governing body to have member sign-up and restricted pages for members only. They are concerned about privacy (we're a bunch of old folks - mostly) so I am going to present them with the CC privacy policies. Once they accept that then we can use the regular sign-in requirement for attending an event. If they don't then I will not use the event planner at all.

I like large home page pictures for their sharpness but I agree that 5 MB is a little large. Most of them are between 1.5 and 2.5 MB. This one got so large because of the editing I did on it -- the background is different from the original picture. I rotate these pictures about once a week because I have not been able to set up a full width slide show that works with CC -- like you see on most commercial websites now.

Wednesday, May 17, 2017 at 3:27 PM - Response #3

Many here are "old", including our class. We initially had some who were concerned about privacy but I think there are only a few now. Most have smart phones, etc. Old doesn't mean you can't learn - lol

I understand the sharpness issue, but I doubt many can tell the difference between the jpg vs the png. The other thing I recommend is to never make an image larger than 1920 wide (unless there's a reason such as download for printing or zoom code) since most displays are still maxed at 1920. Reducing the png to 1920 wide makes it 3mb png and 185kb as a jpg.

jpg is the suggested choice for most general web images (use less jpg compression for the best image - makes jpg a tiny bit larger but still much smaller than png - a zip format of a bit map).

You can borrow the code I have on our home page. The Second image is actually a slide show. It was the first javascript I wrote. Also has a zoom function that is a bit tricker. I could remove that and simplify it a bit more since I learned a lot since that day.

Thursday, May 18, 2017 at 12:24 AM - Response #4

Thanks, Jack, I got the picture changed. You are right -- it still looks good.

I'n not very versed at all in the HTML language so don't know how to input the slide show.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.