ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

link to Movie

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 09/07/13 06:49 PM Views: 1232 Replies: 6
Saturday, September 7, 2013 at 6:49 PM

I read on the forum that for longer movies you need to upload them to you tube, but then it was mentioned about online storage. If I have a platinum level website may I store an hour long movie here for classmates to watch? We just had a reunion that spanned 17 years and I have close to 2000 photos. I made a movie in Windows movie maker, so I have the wmv file and I also saved it as a dvd in the Windows DVD maker. I would like to make this available online somehow.

Saturday, September 7, 2013 at 8:51 PM - Response #1

You can look at the file size on your system to see how much space it takes. Depends on movie resolution. Roughly anywhere from 700MB to 1.5GB. Latter will exceed your CC space.

But there's a bigger issue - how is it going to play without a user downloading the whole file? Or is that what you intend? To view from CC install a player on your site - such as JW player. JW instructions HERE

YouTube (and some others ) are the simplest solution. These sites not only give you free space, they also automatically provide a player. The downside is that your video become visible to the world for the easiest method.

The way to view YouTube videos on your page(s) is to embed the code YouTube gives for your video on a page in CC editor source view.

Edited 09/07/13 8:55 PM
Saturday, September 7, 2013 at 10:59 PM - Response #2

Thanks, I didn't realize I would need a player too. Avoiding it being out there for everyone was what I was trying to accomplish. Seems like I did some research a while back on making you tube videos private (which seems to be defeating the purpose of you tube in general) but maybe I will look into that again. We had a great combined reunion with about 660 people there at the end of last month and I just finished the dvd and would like to make it available online somehow so everyone could see it. I really didn't want to sell it or have to try to mail it out to people.

Saturday, September 7, 2013 at 11:09 PM - Response #3

I think an unlisted video will work for you (private is sort of a hassle)

See LINK explaining

Sunday, September 8, 2013 at 9:44 AM - Response #4

Thanks, Jack.

LaVerne, Congratulations on a successful reunion!

Sunday, September 8, 2013 at 9:46 PM - Response #5

I'm over here applauding LaVerne on the reunion of 600+! Smile

Kyle Erickson wrote:

Thanks, Jack.

LaVerne, Congratulations on a successful reunion!

Sunday, September 8, 2013 at 9:57 PM - Response #6

I have to tell you there was 17 graduating classes involved, but we did have a great turn out. We have worked on it for over a year.

I successfully uploaded the video to you tube and embeded int into a link on the site and created a photo icon on the homepage to click as well.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.