ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Photo Gallery

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 08/31/10 11:55 AM Views: 1458 Replies: 6
Tuesday, August 31, 2010 at 11:55 AM

I am sure this has been discussed before..but can't find anything on it. I suffer from CRS!!!Laughing
Can the alumni upload to the Photo Gallery??? I know the Webmaster and all admins can. I went to my real profile..and didn't see how I could upload photos. Many of our alumni have taken pictures at the reunion..and I would like them to be able to upload them to the galleries themselves.
Is that possible???QuestionQuestion If it isn't??? Can it be done by programming easily???IdeaIdea
I GUESS THIS IS A QUESTION FOR BRADQuestionQuestionExclamationExclamationQuestionQuestion

Tuesday, August 31, 2010 at 1:29 PM - Response #1

Why yes you can. Smile

When using the Gallery Creator, you can set individual photo galleries (Under Edit for a particular gallery) to allow classmates to contribute photos by changing the settings called Upload Permissions to All Classmates. Then, when a classmate visits the gallery page, at the bottom of the page, there will be a button that says Create Your Own Photo Gallery Here.

Tuesday, August 31, 2010 at 4:01 PM - Response #2

Thanx..Scott.. I knew I missed that class on Photo Galleries long ago..Laughing
So If I am understanding you right..I need to create the Name of the Gallery First???? then toggle the switch on so classmates can upload their photos and then the button will open up???
I guess I should try it under my real profile instead of my persona profile before posing this affirmation.
Inquiring minds need to know!!!QuestionQuestionQuestion

Edited 08/31/10 4:03 PM
Tuesday, August 31, 2010 at 4:48 PM - Response #3

Yes, first create the Link Name (left button), then the galleries themselves (right button), and modify the settings for the galleries under Edit for each gallery. Do this from your Admin login first and then you can log in as a classmate to see what everyone else is seeing.

Tuesday, August 31, 2010 at 5:07 PM - Response #4

Thanx..I just created one.Rolling Eyes Dang..I guess If I would have read the insttuctions on the Creating a Photo Gallery I would have gotten my answer..it was so easy...Gessh having a Platinum Moment!! WinkLaughing
What's the best way of uploading videos..use UTube first..then embed on webage??

Tuesday, August 31, 2010 at 6:21 PM - Response #5

Currently yes, YouTube embedding is the best a way post videos. A separate video feature here is coming most likely late Fall.

Tuesday, August 31, 2010 at 9:13 PM - Response #6

Cool..Brad. I haven't uploaded my video yet..I haven't had a chance to even look at it yet. I may have to edit it.
Thanx,

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.