ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Deceased classmates in Classmate profiles page

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 10/04/08 11:36 AM Views: 3405 Replies: 14
Saturday, October 4, 2008 at 11:36 AM

I searched the forum to fix this issue but was able to read the "Red Rose" entries only.

My question is:

- Why do the deceased appear at all in the Classmate profiles page?

Any solution to fix that without the red rose icon - would'nt we have the In Memory for the deceased suffice?

Thanks

Saturday, October 4, 2008 at 11:50 AM - Response #1

Maybe an option to not have the deceased classmates on the class list could be added. I perfer to have mine listed with the other classmates as they were part of class, and being deceased isn't their only designation.

Saturday, October 4, 2008 at 12:19 PM - Response #2

I guess you could delete the deceased names from the Classmate profile list.
But, I like having the names in the list.. They were part of the class.
Also, if someone is looking for a classmate and that person is deceased and they don't see his or her name in the list, they might not think to go to the In Memory page.

Saturday, October 4, 2008 at 12:44 PM - Response #3

I too like having the names in the list for the reasons that Kath and Lynda Laughner mention.

Saturday, October 4, 2008 at 12:46 PM - Response #4

Deleting them from the classlist might also delete them from the Memory page. I personally like having them listed. They are part of the class.

Saturday, October 4, 2008 at 12:52 PM - Response #5

You can't add them to the In Memory page if they aren't on the class list, they are connected. So deleting them from the class list WILL delete them from the In Memory page. However, deleting a classmate from the In Memory page will not take them off the class list. I had a classmate that the reunion company list as deceased, but I found him on Facebook to be alive and well with a triving business! LOL So I removed him from the In Memory page, but he stayed on the class list.

Edited 10/04/08 12:54 PM
Saturday, October 4, 2008 at 1:53 PM - Response #6

Kathryn (Kathy) Aceves wrote:

Maybe an option to not have the deceased classmates on the class list could be added. I perfer to have mine listed with the other classmates as they were part of class, and being deceased isn't their only designation.

Eventually every single item in the key will be clickable. So if you only want to see Classmates with active Profiles, you can see that. Or only deceased Classmates. Or only Classmates attending the reunion, etc.

Saturday, October 4, 2008 at 3:14 PM - Response #7

Thanks Brad!

Saturday, October 4, 2008 at 8:19 PM - Response #8

test reply, please ignore

Tuesday, October 7, 2008 at 4:19 AM - Response #9

Thanks all for clarifying/input

I guess its each one's perception my group feels In memory is sufficient including them in classmates profiles is a repetition.

Thanks again

Wednesday, October 8, 2008 at 4:20 AM - Response #10

I put in a programming task to make this optional.

Sunday, October 12, 2008 at 10:16 AM - Response #11

Thanks Brad, appreciate it!

Monday, October 13, 2008 at 4:29 PM - Response #12

I've noticed if the deceased has a birthday listed it will put them on the up coming birthday list. I don't know how you all feel but I thought that was a little tacky so I deleted their bithdays. What do you all think?? Was I wrong?

Monday, October 13, 2008 at 5:08 PM - Response #13

Oops. I didn't realize that was happening. Deceased Classmates should definitely not show up as having upcoming Birthday's. We'll fix this.

Monday, October 13, 2008 at 5:11 PM - Response #14

Thanks for the fix....

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.