ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

suggestion for profile pages

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 08/15/08 05:54 PM Views: 1723 Replies: 10
Friday, August 15, 2008 at 5:54 PM

Hi!
I apologize if this has already been suggested . . . Would it be possible to have a list of sports and clubs that people would be able to click on (toggle) on their profile page to show that they were a member? For example, I was a member of the yearbook staff, newspaper staff, french club, etc. Then you might be able to have links that you clicked on "french club" it would bring up a list of all the classmates that were members of that club. I hope that I make sense! That definitely falls under "nice to have" and not "need to have" but I think it would be fun.
THANK YOU for all your hard work. You guys are doing a great job!

Friday, August 15, 2008 at 11:09 PM - Response #1

Thank you Felicity. Smile

My only concern with that is we'll never be able to predict all possible clubs, organizations, etc. that people might have belonged to. And even if we could predict that, the list would be a mile and a half long if we covered everything possible. So many schools have so many different things...

Your post here actually brings to mind a different idea though. In addition to the regular questions that are asked on Classmate Profiles, why not basically put in a copy of the Survey Maker functionality so Administrators can ask additional questions that would be relevant to their particular school? If we did that, you could basically do exactly what you've described above.

Thoughts anybody? Should we leave Classmate Profiles simple like they are now, or allow Administrators to add more questions onto them?

Saturday, August 16, 2008 at 10:29 AM - Response #2

Hi Brad -
I think that's more along the lines of what I was thinking. That the admin. would be able to add the clubs/sports/activities relevant to their school and each classmate could choose to fill it out as part of their profile.

Personally, I would love to be able to add options to the profile (as the admin). One vote "yes" from me!

Thanks!Very Happy

Saturday, August 16, 2008 at 12:12 PM - Response #3

Interesting... We'd have to have some type of "Profile Generator" -- maybe kinda like the Survey Module -- where Administrators could customize all of the Profile questions that get asked to their Classmates.

It would be optional of course, so the regular questions would be on the site by default. But if the Administrator wanted to customize the Profile questions -- either taking something that's there now away, or adding new questions etc. -- they could do it with the Profile Generator. "Profile Generator" would have to become a new link under the Administrative functions on the left. Maybe we could pull in all the questions that are there now in as a default and then let people add or subtract from there.

You know it's amazing this hasn't come up before now. Our "one size fits all" Profile questions can't possibly be fulfilling the desires of every class Administrator. I suspect people just accept that "that's just how it works" and don't consider it could be changed, or at least have never voiced it anyway.

It's really a very good idea Felicity. Thanks for raising the issue here -- I think this will allow each Administrator to make their sites more interesting, personalized and unique.

Now before I get too excited about a new Profile Generator feature I better drag Kevin Krzyzanski in here -- the man with the magic who makes all this happen -- and determine just how involved this project would be. Stay tuned.

Edited 08/16/08 12:20 PM
Saturday, August 16, 2008 at 3:24 PM - Response #4

Yay! This is exciting! Can't wait to see what Kevin comes up with . . . THANKS AGAIN! Very Happy

Saturday, August 16, 2008 at 5:39 PM - Response #5

I really like the Profile Generator option!!!

Edited 08/16/08 6:25 PM
Tuesday, September 2, 2008 at 11:15 PM - Response #6

Any update on the profile generator idea? This will be a great addition that would enable us to transition from our current website & alumni management program to class creator.

Tuesday, September 2, 2008 at 11:34 PM - Response #7

We are so overwhelmed and excited over what we CAN do, new ideas aere slow to surface. I deal with surveys for various organizations and can't think of a single thing to put on our website. So profile pages - I like the ideas being offered.

Thursday, September 11, 2008 at 5:26 PM - Response #8

I guess the profile generator will do this, but I really want a field or space for "NICKNAME". We use the excel download to generate the addresses and salutations for letters and we want to address them as Dear Scrabs or Dear Corb and not Dear Richard or Dear Charles. We currently have the nickname in parenthesis beside the first name, but that makes us have to clean up and rework each letter of correspondence.

Thanks for the work and we look forward to more....

Thursday, September 11, 2008 at 11:21 PM - Response #9

Yup, gotta wait for Profile Generator. I've actually heard this request before, but it's too specific for most schools. With Profile Generator you'll be able to do whatever your little heart desires. But, I must say again, this is a long ways off. There are so many things on the list right now that I have to give priority to over this. Sometime in 2009 Profile Generator will come to life for sure. But I've learned to get out of the business of making specific time estimates.

Friday, September 12, 2008 at 3:16 PM - Response #10

Yeah! Profile generator. Profile generator.

Give the guy a raise and ask him to stop wasting time on sleeping, etc.

Greg

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.