ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

PayPal Quantity Discount

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/02/09 01:00 PM Views: 1267 Replies: 4
Monday, March 2, 2009 at 1:00 PM

I have a few questions regarding PayPal and discounts.

1- Our tickets are $55/ person and $100/ couple. That, of course, is not a nice, rounded % discount. How can I put this into PayPal because it won't let me put in 9.1%?

2- We're going to offer tickets at a lower price until May 1st. When they go up, do I just need to go into Reunion planner and change my numbers? Or will that mess things up?

Thanks!

Monday, March 2, 2009 at 3:03 PM - Response #1

You can just set it up as 2 different items to buy. The first item can be one ticket @ $55, the next item could be 2 tickets @ $100, but don't forget to charge extra for the paypal fees so you don't end up in the hole. We charge an extra $2 for each ticket and that has covered the cost and gave us a couple of cents extra. Hope this helps, although you may want to wait for the experts answer LOL

Monday, March 2, 2009 at 3:39 PM - Response #2

Thanks, Glenda. I was thinking of doing it that way, but I wasn't sure if that would mess up my attendee count. We are asking how many people are attending on the registration form, so that could be the alternative if the actual ticket count would be off if I set up as individual items.

That price already has the PayPal fee built in instead of us charging classmates extra for it. Although the more I think about it, I get a little nervous doing it that way, but it is what it is.Confused

Monday, March 2, 2009 at 3:58 PM - Response #3

When you go to a store, they don't charge you $20 for dinner and $2 to process your credit card. With the exception of some gas stations who have a cash discount, vendors just don't do business that way. So our classmates, as consumers, are used to having the credit card fees built in. In fact, the average consumer doesn't even realize that the store is being charged credit card processing fees (just like these PayPal fees) any time they use a credit card to make a payment.

We just pad our tickets by enough to cover the PayPal fees and don't worry about it - don't even give those who pay by check a break - just absorb the small extra mount as a contingency fee.

Monday, March 2, 2009 at 4:11 PM - Response #4

We thought about doing it that way, but then we just decided to put on the website the tickets were $30 if they pay with a check and $32 if they pay with a credit card. We explained we were doing that to keep the cost down and so that the fees didn't have to come out of our pocket, and no one has fussed about it.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.