ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Problems with Site - blocking and size

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 12/16/11 09:02 AM Views: 1247 Replies: 4
Friday, December 16, 2011 at 9:02 AM

I received numerous inquiries including "I have been blocked from the website since the 12th... since my last post. everytime I tried to access it, I met up with a message saying the site was undergoing routine short term maintenance and check back in 5 minutes. Can you even imagine how many times I checked back ? This went on for 4 DAYS, and Tonight I finally get in, and see that you all were able to access it. This is the second time this has happened. I don't understand it."

The other issue is the size of the screen. It is so wide you have to cursor over to read the sentences. I post most updates to the site in Firefox but many of the users have IE. Is it something I am doing or is this a temporary error to the site?

Susanne - nhs67-68.com

Friday, December 16, 2011 at 9:08 AM - Response #1

The size issue seems to primarily be with the Message Forum page.

Friday, December 16, 2011 at 6:56 PM - Response #2

Those classmates who are having problems accessing the website, tell them to refresh their browser's cache by clicking on the browser's VIEW menu, then the RELOAD or REFRESH choice. This should cause the page to reload and the problem will go away. These classmates (and/or you) accessed the website during a temporary maintenance cycle and got the message. Their browser doesn't know when the website is back up, so they need to refresh the browser cache.

Your Message Forum problem is caused by this message:
12/15/11 07:27 PM    #9114

Sandra Eaton Swenson

I have been blocked from the website since the 12th... since my last post. everytime I tried to access it, I met up with a message saying the site was undergoing routine short term maintenance and check back in 5 minutes. Can you even imagine how many times I checked back ? This went on for 4 DAYS, and Tonight I finally get in, and see that you all were able to access it. This is the second time this has happened. I don't understand it. Sue, any ideas?????

If you edit the message and look at the very bottom of the message, you will see that the classmate pressed the space bar 100s of times. (hint: if you SELECT everything in her message, you can see the spaces easier). If you delete the extra spaces, the problem will go away.

If you want me to delete the spaces, I can do it, but just wanted you to see the problem first.

Saturday, December 17, 2011 at 8:51 AM - Response #3

Thank you for finding the problem. I did look at the page, saw the spaces and tried to delete them. I could not - I thought it was located at line 1206, col 762. Would you please delete for me so the size of the Message Forum goes back to normal.

Merry Christmas,

Susanne Dolan

Saturday, December 17, 2011 at 9:40 AM - Response #4

Susanne,

You did fix that problem. But now there is a different problem. (I will fix it for you, but just letting you know).

12/16/11 02:01 PM    #9131
Paul Fontecchio

The YouTube that he posted is too wide for the Message Forum. When I resized it, the Message Forum fits again in the page.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.