ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

link appeared in Donate box

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 04/01/13 03:52 PM Views: 953 Replies: 4
Monday, April 1, 2013 at 3:52 PM

Hi guys,
I'm puzzled (nothing new)! I amended the text in the DONATE square. When I did, one of my words (continue) appeared as a link. Not knowing why, I clicked on it and found myself in a bogus survey. How do I remove the link and how do I stop it from happening again? This is important because I don't want to give even the appearance of being involved in or condoning the survey.
Barbara

Monday, April 1, 2013 at 5:14 PM - Response #1

Nothing in the Class Creator system is doing this. You have a virus or malware installed on your computer that is hijacking that word. Strongly recommend a virus and malware scan of your complete machine.

Monday, April 1, 2013 at 5:37 PM - Response #2

Ok. Thanks, Brad. Let me ask you this. In the meantime, if I take out the word 'continue', should it temporarily erace the problem. I think I got the virus by answering a survey in the first place. Just have to pick out how to clean it. Any advice?
Barbara

Monday, April 1, 2013 at 5:39 PM - Response #3

You can try that but the virus may then hijack a different word. I have no idea. Even if you're successful -- or not -- it won't be affecting what anybody else is seeing. You're the only one seeing this no matter what. When the virus is removed you should see that link go away.

Monday, April 1, 2013 at 8:51 PM - Response #4

Thank you Brad,
I didn't know that. I thought everyone saw what I saw one the page. Kool ! I can deal with that.
Barbara

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.