ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Renew subscription or free site with ads

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 10/25/18 07:03 PM Views: 3875 Replies: 12
Thursday, October 25, 2018 at 7:03 PM

We just had our reunion and the next one will be in 5 years. We had paid for a 5 year subscription and it runs out in December. We are not sure if we should renew or go with the free site with ads.

What is the advantage (besides no ads) with paying for a site? Are there features that only work if we pay for a site?

We really did not use the site much in the 4 years after the last reunion (except for a few profile updates)

We have used the site extensively for the last 6 months or so, while we were planning the reunion.

While I want Class Creator to stay in business, I am not sure ads or no ads will make much of a difference for the next 4 years.

Hence, I am reaching out to other administrators and Class Creator to give me solid reasons to pay for the site or go to the site with ads.

Prices go up tomorrow, so if you could reply soon, I'd appreciate it.

Thursday, October 25, 2018 at 8:00 PM - Response #1

Hi Susan,

The primary thing is not having ads on your site or in your emails that go out to the class.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Friday, October 26, 2018 at 12:58 AM - Response #2

For me, not seeing ads is reason enough to stay with a paid site.

Also, I'm not sure if you have the same amount of storage space on a "free with ads" site as you do with a premium plan, the lowest priced paid plan.

I say Class Creator pricing is a bargain for what you get. Taking advantage of periodic specials on subscription extension prices, we've extended our site's subscription to 2038.

Edited 10/26/18 11:54 AM
Friday, October 26, 2018 at 12:45 PM - Response #3

Completely agree with Scott. Dislike seeing ads - we extended our website to 2029.

Edited 10/31/18 2:38 PM
Saturday, April 23, 2022 at 5:11 PM - Response #4

We have just launched our class website and may be interested in extending our ad-free subscription for several more years. You mentioned the periodic specials on extending subscriptions. Can you tell me when to anticipate those offers?

Saturday, April 23, 2022 at 5:26 PM - Response #5

Extensions for paid (ad-free) sites are offered about once per year. You'll get an email from Class Creator. The discounts have ranged from 10% to 20% for multi-year subscription extensions. In past years, additional free storage has also been offered, but not every year.

Edited 04/23/22 6:27 PM
Saturday, April 23, 2022 at 5:32 PM - Response #6

thank you

Sunday, April 24, 2022 at 1:33 AM - Response #7

It is great to have you join us, Cindy!

A quick add to Scott Moore's reply, unless there is a change this year, it is usually a Black Friday offer.

Friday, November 25, 2022 at 1:51 PM - Response #8

Hi Cindy, hope your group took advantage of this year's Black Friday promo?

An fellow admin for a "retiree" site emailed me this morning about this year's promo, which is why I scanned my email and CC Forums and found this thread.

The first site I set up (I've set up several for reunions as well as for other purposes like the "retiree" site) started on CC before subscriptions as a Free site, was grandfathered when subscription model was added, and our group subsequently upgraded (add time) when a very attractive upgrade promo came up some years ago. The end result was we are subscribed until 2030.

Friday, November 25, 2022 at 2:17 PM - Response #9

Years ago, it was possible to extend a subscription by 10 years, with a nice discount and 1 GB of storage thrown in. Now, the maximum extension is for 3 years, likely due to the uncertainty of inflation. Still, I feel the price is reasonable for all the features we receive, and with the 17% discount for a three year extension, it's a good deal. We're subscribed until 2038.

Edited 11/26/22 1:05 AM
Friday, November 25, 2022 at 4:08 PM - Response #10

And they should have added 1 GB storage again. Costs next to nothing now on AMZ. Sometimes CC needs a NUDGE in advertising.

(I have 5 GB on AMZ guess how much it costs me Idea )

Thursday, January 5, 2023 at 2:54 PM - Response #11

I'm more concerned about security with subscription with ads. Are we giving something up with free?

Thursday, January 5, 2023 at 3:33 PM - Response #12

Hi Vicki,

The only real change will be ads on the sites and auto generated emails like Birthday reminders / daily notification summaries

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.