ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Class Connection - more than one class site

Forums: Class Connection Facebook App
Created on: 03/20/14 02:03 PM Views: 2160 Replies: 35
Thursday, March 20, 2014 at 2:03 PM

I am a guest on three other classes sites on Class Creator from my school.
I use Firefox.
More often than not, I have mine, and the other three class sites on my desktop, as well as my FB page, and my email.
When I click on the 'Join Our Class On Facebook' block on the other classes page, I go to MY class [via the FB portal].
Is this the way it is supposed to be?
This happens even when I have logged off of my FB page, as well as logged off my class site [1970].
What am I missing?
[1965 and 1968 are the years of the classes that have the FB link on their home page]

Thanks,
Steve

Thursday, March 20, 2014 at 6:32 PM - Response #1

Class Connection currently binds to only one class. On the drawing board is a new "Accounts" link which will allow you to remove yourself from a class, as well as add yourself to 2 or more additional classes. If you do that a new "Change Identities" link will become available allowing you to log into your other Class Creator accounts. There's more than meets the eye to making this happen so it's going to take awhile. Until this is done keep logging into the 2n or more accounts the good old fashioned way. Due to the # of people in this situation (i.e. they belong to two or more Class Creator classes) we will release a system wide email when this new feature becomes available.

Thursday, March 20, 2014 at 6:35 PM - Response #2

thanks!

Thursday, March 20, 2014 at 6:50 PM - Response #3

Steve, I am the admin on 3 Classcreator websites, I have temporally created 3 Facebook accounts. I have been able to get on to all of my websites class connection pages.

Hope this helps.

Randy

Thursday, March 20, 2014 at 7:45 PM - Response #4

Hi Steve,

I did same as Randy, multiple Facebook accounts. That works pretty good, but not ideal. I occasionally see if I exit one class, and go to the next class, it doesn't cycle through Close and Open quick enough. Hence, I am back to the class prior.

Then again, that might be a result of my favorite password Tool that I use; RoboForm.

Anyway, Randy's suggestion works for now. I am anxious for Brad's new "ACCOUNTS" link for multiple class addresses to be available as Brad indicated.

Randy Jennings wrote:

Steve, I am the admin on 3 Classcreator websites, I have temporally created 3 Facebook accounts. I have been able to get on to all of my websites class connection pages.

Hope this helps.

Randy

Edited 03/20/14 7:47 PM
Thursday, March 20, 2014 at 11:18 PM - Response #5

Great ideas guys - however, I think I will wait until the 'upgrade' comes around - it isn't that critical at this point in time - I thought I had done something wrong when I signed up, so that is the reason I made the post.
Thanks again!

Wednesday, July 9, 2014 at 3:54 AM - Response #6

Hi Brad & gang, please count me in as an admin who needs to get into more than 1 grad site. I've set up 2 others for my high school grads, and a non-high school site (only a prototype) too.

As well, some non-admins will also want access to multiple years, as I've seen several of classmates have guest accounts on our site, while they are not grads from our year.

Cheers! Allen.

ps. I saw a "Change Year" option in the mobile mockup, and I thought at one time there was that option in the beta??? Anyways, hope to see that option sooner than later. I don't want to set up more than one Facebook account.

Wednesday, July 9, 2014 at 4:59 AM - Response #7

Never mind, I found the option to allow FB users to visit other sites, now I see the "Visit Another Class" command on FB ClassConnection.

Now all I gotta do is make the connection to my Root Admin account on the other 2 sites, it keeps creating a new account profile instead of finding the Admin account.

Wednesday, July 9, 2014 at 4:51 PM - Response #8

Longer response in other forum, but you're really looking for the "My Account" link. Click that, not Visit Another Class. From the My Account link you can add up to 10 Class Creator classes, including multi year classes, to your 1 Facebook account.

Wednesday, July 16, 2014 at 3:40 AM - Response #10

Using the "My Account" link inside the app, people can join up to 10 different classes.

Wednesday, July 16, 2014 at 5:41 AM - Response #12

But now I tried to see my class related app and it just shows the sign up page on Facebook.
Could you please say again what should be done?

Edited 07/16/14 5:45 AM
Wednesday, July 16, 2014 at 1:15 PM - Response #13

Clear your cookies and refresh the page. If you click the Class Connection link under Member Functions from a different web site it can sometimes cause a login cookie issue. Best practice is instead log into Facebook Class Connection, click My Account link, and join from there. I'm not sure if you did this or not, but even if you didn't, I suspect you have some type of local cookie issue and a cookie clear should solve it for you.

Wednesday, July 16, 2014 at 1:31 PM - Response #14

Oh. I was also trying to find the page directly though Facebook and then was going to look for the member function that way. Should I only use our class creator site to go to the Facebook app? I could not locate or see the app version of our site on Facebook.

Edited 07/16/14 1:34 PM
Wednesday, July 16, 2014 at 1:34 PM - Response #15

Once you clear cookies I think you'll be good either way.

Wednesday, July 16, 2014 at 6:30 PM - Response #16

I cleared everything, including the cookies, on my iPad but am still being asked, sometimes, to join a class even though I did join already. And I joined another class but can't see that class's FB app site. Can you or someone check what could be causing it?

Edited 07/16/14 7:10 PM
Thursday, July 17, 2014 at 1:48 AM - Response #17

If you join a class you should see it listed in the "My Account" section. How many classes are you seeing there?

Regarding not seeing another classes' data, is that class sharing data with the Class Connection Facebook app? If they're not, that would explain it.

Thursday, July 17, 2014 at 1:33 PM - Response #18

When I am logged into the class creator website, I see no link for My Account. When I click on class connection listed on the left side, I am taken to the Facebook page requesting me to select a school and year. I don't go to the school and year I previously sign up for on the app. Previously, on the app class page, on Facebook, I couldn't find the words "my account" but saw my class

I see now that this other class must not be involved because when that year is typed into the join section, nothing happens. Also, on their class creator site there is no class connection app link.

Edited 07/17/14 1:36 PM
Thursday, July 17, 2014 at 1:53 PM - Response #19

I see the "Class Connection" link under Member Functions on your class web site.

Thursday, July 17, 2014 at 2:10 PM - Response #20

Brad Switzer wrote:

I see the "Class Connection" link under Member Functions on your class web site.

I do too but I understood you to say I should also see a year number listed under it or as a pop our window displaying a year number.

And the other site, on which I am a general member (NTHS 1979) is the one that doesn't appear to show the class connection link.

Edited 07/17/14 2:16 PM
Thursday, July 17, 2014 at 2:37 PM - Response #21

Does the other site have Class Connection active? It must not. Else you'd see the same link.

No, there is no number listed under the link or anything of that sort. Just the Class Connection link itself appears under Member Functions heading.

Thursday, July 17, 2014 at 2:48 PM - Response #22

I thought the other class was participating in the class connection program but I see they are not.

And the link is only on the class creator website but not on the page for the class connection app? I still am not taken to the page of the app from the class creator website. They continue to request I select a school and year, etc...

Thursday, July 17, 2014 at 3:36 PM - Response #23

Right, the Class Connection link appears under Member Functions on the Class Creator web site only.

This is on iPad correct? You don't have third party cookie blocking enabled do you?

Thursday, July 17, 2014 at 3:53 PM - Response #24

iPad = Yes.
Third party and advertiser blocking activated = Yes.

Can you advise further?

Edited 07/17/14 6:00 PM
Friday, July 18, 2014 at 3:04 AM - Response #25

Please unblock third parties.

Friday, July 18, 2014 at 11:06 PM - Response #27

I don't know of any alternatives in this case.

Friday, July 18, 2014 at 11:43 PM - Response #28

I just turned it off but when I checked through the website, the link took me to the class connection sign up page instead of the class member page for the class connection app. I previously have signed up for class connection, as a member, via the app.

Edited 07/18/14 11:46 PM
Saturday, July 19, 2014 at 10:13 AM - Response #29

What happens if you select your school and class and proceed?

Monday, July 21, 2014 at 1:08 AM - Response #31

And you're not longer blocking third party cookies correct?

Monday, July 21, 2014 at 7:25 PM - Response #33

After trying another browser, if you get in there, what happens if you now go back in with Safari?

Monday, July 21, 2014 at 11:31 PM - Response #35

Please try another browser.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.