ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Changing Cell/Table Colors

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 04/21/13 12:35 PM Views: 996 Replies: 9
Sunday, April 21, 2013 at 12:35 PM

I am unable to change the color of a cell or table on our web site. I read a previous post where it was mentioned to use he F12 key and I tried it, but what I experienced when I used the F12 key was - Airplane Mode - OFF/ON.

I had to purchase a new computer so that may have something to do with my issue, as it wasn't a problem for me before. It has Windows 8 and I checked the source of IE and it seemms to indicate in the code that it is IE9.

I would love to change the color of a couple of cells, it is not a major issue, but hope you can help.

Thanks, Virginia

Sunday, April 21, 2013 at 5:16 PM - Response #1

Virginia,

Just do the following:
Edit the page contents
right-click on the cell you want a background color of.
Choose CELL, CELL PROPERTIES
Choose the background color you want,
then save the changes.

Sunday, April 21, 2013 at 5:37 PM - Response #2

That is what I use to be able to do, but rght now, when I right click I do not get the choices of Cell properties or anything like that. I also am unable to center pictures within a cell. Not sure what is going on here, as I have never had this problem before.

If you check the last two items in the 'Classmate Chatter' link, I believe you will see what I mean, unless it has to do with a problem with my new laptop.

Virginia

Sunday, April 21, 2013 at 6:41 PM - Response #3

Have you tried a different browser? Maybe the AOL browser you are appearing to use doesn't support the functionality you want.

Sunday, April 21, 2013 at 6:55 PM - Response #4

After I read your response, I did try editing the page using Internet Explorer and I experienced the same problem. I am not sure what to try now. This is way beyond my pay grade!

Virginia

Monday, April 22, 2013 at 5:31 AM - Response #5

IE10 (AOL 9.7) doesn't work correctly for some CC editor functions. This is one of them.

To get the "right" click menu to work, switch to IE9 Standards (under Document Mode) using the following:

Select Tools and then F12 Developer tools since your F12 key is set for a different function on your laptop (airplane toggle). Then look under Document Mode for IE9 Standards.

Monday, April 22, 2013 at 8:05 AM - Response #6

I do appreciate your help, but not sure I understand what you mean by Document mode, otherwise I don't see F12 Developer tools. Guess I need a little more direction.

Thanks, Virginia

Monday, April 22, 2013 at 8:46 AM - Response #7

Update to my last post. I had success finding Document Mode and Developer Tools and I was able to change the colors in the cells. So thank you very much for your Help!!!

One last question, why am I not able to CENTER a jpg file in a cell now?

Again, thank you for the help and for easing my frustration with this issue.

Virginia

Monday, April 22, 2013 at 2:26 PM - Response #8

You can either set the cell alignment to center, or place center tags around the image in Source view.

Monday, April 29, 2013 at 8:15 AM - Response #9

Scott, sorry for the delay in responding, I've been away for a few days.

I was always use to setting the alignment as you first described, but now it doesn't seem to work that well for me. Is it just me or is it happening to others???

Anyway, I did fix th alignment through the source view. Never had to do it that way before! But glad I know I can do it that way, if necessary!

Thanks for the help, as always! Virginia

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.