ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Contact Us - Way to change Admin name?

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 05/23/10 01:34 PM Views: 1590 Replies: 4
Sunday, May 23, 2010 at 1:34 PM

I'm wondering if it's possible to be able to edit the Site Administrator name under the Contact Us link? I realize it's being populated based on who is listed as Root Admin under the preferences tab, but it would be nice to be able to edit the name directly on the Contact Us page, for those people who do not want their name to be listed as the site admin. Or maybe the message can just say "Send a message to the Site Administrator," without listed the site admin's actual name?

Monday, May 24, 2010 at 12:25 AM - Response #1

Go to Edit Site Pages -> Contact Us and put anything in there, and that will show instead.

Monday, May 24, 2010 at 7:49 AM - Response #2

I just get an edit box, with the edit features across the top when I open "Contact Us" in "Edit Site Pages". I wanted to make changes about a week ago, and it looked the same. There wasn't a place to enter a change of name or email address.

This could be my computer, as the same thing occasionally happens with home page edits too. I've rebooted a number of times, but that doesn't seem to help.

Monday, May 24, 2010 at 8:47 AM - Response #3

By default if you have nothing in the Edit Site Pages/Contact Us edit window, it will say "Send a Message to [ADMIN's NAME], Site Administrator". If you change it to anything you want, then it will say what you want it to say.

Monday, May 24, 2010 at 10:09 PM - Response #4

Thanks Brad and Kyle.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.