ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Fly out menus in Responsive Design

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 01/17/17 12:12 PM Views: 1377 Replies: 8
Tuesday, January 17, 2017 at 12:12 PM

The fly out or nested menus don't seem to work on my cell phone. When I click on the top menu of a group of nested menus the whole menu disappears. Is this something that we should not do in responsive design? Or is there some way to fix this problem? I am using a Samsung Galaxy S7 and Chrome for a browser.

Tuesday, January 17, 2017 at 1:42 PM - Response #1

Did you see the menu icon now in the UPPER Right corner?

Tuesday, January 17, 2017 at 2:00 PM - Response #2

Looking at your site, I don't believe there is a problem. The top menu of a group of nested menus is simply the header displaying the nested menu pages below. If you click on the top menu, the whole menu should disappear by design. This intuitively tells you to scroll down to one of the nested menu pages below and click on the page of choice.

Tuesday, January 17, 2017 at 2:21 PM - Response #3

When I hold down, not tap, the top menu a box pops up that gives me 4 choices: 1. Open in new tab, 2. Open in incognito tab, 3. Copy link address, 4. Copy link text.

After clicking out of this little box then I can see the nested menus and they work. Why am I getting the intermediate box with those 4 choices? I guess I can live with it but is this normal? Will people looking at the site on their cell phones know how to handle it?

Tuesday, January 17, 2017 at 2:53 PM - Response #4

I agree that there is an issue when viewing in mobile view and I have sent the issue to a programmer.

Tuesday, January 17, 2017 at 6:40 PM - Response #5

Jim and Kathy,

In light of what Scott Mastenbrook says, please disregard my post. I was looking at your site from my desktop, not a mobile device.

Thursday, March 16, 2017 at 8:46 PM - Response #6

I am still having this issue on my Android phone. I had some people check it on their iphone and it works properly. This must be an Android thing -- no surprises there.

Wednesday, April 19, 2017 at 11:36 AM - Response #7

I have confirmed that it is still not working and I'm sending a reminder task to the programmer.

Thursday, May 18, 2017 at 11:02 AM - Response #8

It does appear that the mobile nav is functioning as expected at this time.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.