ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Time Won't Change

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 12/23/10 10:18 AM Views: 1656 Replies: 15
Thursday, December 23, 2010 at 10:18 AM

There seems to be a problem with changing the time zone on at least three sites.
http://www.classcreator.com/Freeport-TX-Brazosport-1970/class_index.cfm
The 1968 and 1969 sites as well.
Myself and one of my admin's on the 70 site have attempted to change time zones for members and after 'saving,' it reverts back to the default time zone.
[Scoggins on the 70 class list, and McDonald on the 70 guest list - also, Scoggins on the 68 guest list - I am an admin. on the 68 site as well]

Thanks,
Steve

Thursday, December 23, 2010 at 11:13 AM - Response #1

What is the desired time zone and on what page are you attempting to change the time zone?

Thursday, December 23, 2010 at 11:59 AM - Response #2

The desired time zone is Central.
Hal cannot change his own time, and I cannot change it as an admin.
This I am trying to do from the 'Manage Classmates' page, in their 'profile' area.
I tried to reset my own time, and it would not take it.
I tried picking the box at the bottom relating to 'Show this change' and the time would not change, but it did show that I had update my profile [viewable on the home page]
I have changed other classmates time zones in the past.
My suspicions are that there is something amiss since the recent upgrade to the system.
I checked one other classmate whose time zone WAS Central, and it too shows GMT.

Thursday, December 23, 2010 at 12:14 PM - Response #3

Well indeed. I'll need to pass this along to a programmer. Please understand if this takes a few days to be addressed as only emergency issues are being handled in an ASAP fashion this week. Smile

Someone will update you when this is fixed.

Thursday, December 23, 2010 at 12:16 PM - Response #4

I fully understand Scott, and I thank you for your quick response.

Saturday, December 25, 2010 at 10:33 AM - Response #5

I'm also having trouble setting the time zone on the preferences page. I want to set it to Eastern (US and Canada) but it keeps reverting back to the default.

Saturday, December 25, 2010 at 5:16 PM - Response #6

Merry Christmas...

While we're waiting for "Time Won't Change" to be changed...

I thought we could enjoy a little musical interlude: Time Won't Change (A Thing)

Rolling EyesRolling EyesRolling Eyes

Saturday, December 25, 2010 at 6:19 PM - Response #7

You should be able to fix this locally by clearing your browser's cache, then retrying to set the date/time. It should fix it - just a browser caching issue.

Sunday, December 26, 2010 at 4:48 PM - Response #8

I have tried to change a classmates time zone on three different computers, after first clearing the cache.
Still shows default.
I can wait until the programmers get back.
Just wanted to let you know that this was still an issue.

Tuesday, December 28, 2010 at 6:41 PM - Response #9

All set here.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011 at 12:44 AM - Response #10

Still some issues -
I am on a different computer, and different network and server completely.
I cleared the cache on this computer.
I sent a message to one of my admin's a short time ago, and the time stamp on the message shows one hour later than it actually is.
The time for our site, my profile, and my admin's profile show Central time, yet it is putting Eastern time on the stamp.
[I'll bet you guys wish I'd go away, right? Confused ]

Wednesday, January 19, 2011 at 10:55 AM - Response #11

Steve - I just tested (and deleted) a Message Forum post in your forum. At the top of the page there is a statement that says Optional: Set Your Time Zone GMT and a dropdown menu with options. When I arrived, it was set to -5 Eastern. I changed that to -6 Central and posted my test message and it worked fine. Is it possible that you used your mouse wheel to scroll down the page and the mouse crossed over that dropdown causing it to shift selection to -5 Eastern? {This is my way out on a limb guess for the day.. but it does happen from time to time.}

Wednesday, January 19, 2011 at 1:09 PM - Response #12

Thanks Scott - however - - -
That was on the Message Forum, and I did change it to Central a little bit ago.
The issue is in the Message Center under Member Functions, and I don’t find a place to set the time there.
Check out the thread between Donna and myself titled 'also.'
I sent today’s message at 11:58 AM our time, but it shows 12:58 PM.

I KNOW this is going to be a head slapper on MY part when I finally get this figured out, and I am going to be TOTALLY embarrassed.

Thanks for your putting up with me!

Steve

Wednesday, January 19, 2011 at 1:56 PM - Response #13

Ah - I see. The programmer concurs and states that the timestamp in that location was not taken into consideration. Should be fixed shortly. Proves that this wasn't a head slapper and that you are not crazy. Smile

Sunday, January 23, 2011 at 3:54 PM - Response #14

Scott,
While they are looking into that, the 'time stamp' [is that even the right term?] on the 'statistics/last login' is off as well.
About 2:46PM Central Time today - Sundy, I logged in, and the time is indicated as 20:46. This is PROBABLY the same clock, but in the event that it is not, they will want to look at it as well.
Hope you folks have a good week.

Thanks,

Steve

Monday, January 24, 2011 at 4:04 PM - Response #15

Steve - We have to show the time on that page in military form (i.e. 20:46 instead of 8:46 PM) so it can be sorted correctly if you click the column header. However, the reason your times are off is because your profile time was set to GMT to that of Greenwich Mean. I reset your profile to -600 Central. You should be set now.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.