ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

music on my site

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 11/22/08 03:35 PM Views: 1557 Replies: 3
Saturday, November 22, 2008 at 3:35 PM

I am trying to find out how I get music on my site. I have gone on the internet and downloaded 6 songs to my realplayer. Now how to I get this real player with songs on my website. I have no idea. I am not real computer smart so bare with me with a simple explanation. I was able to get a few pictures on. However, they are not in a great order--too much space between.

Thank you
Connie

Saturday, November 22, 2008 at 3:54 PM - Response #1

Hello,
I just did this a couple of days ago. There is an answer under FAQ's "Building your Websitte." It's question 15. Be sure to read the note about the size of playlist.com playlists. It's huge, so if you want to downsize it, scrutinize the code for the widths. It's usually 435 and it's in there 3 or 4 times. Change the 435 to 300 and it shrinks to a decent size. You can change the height if you'd like too. Hope this helps.
Retha

Saturday, November 22, 2008 at 4:44 PM - Response #2

Go to Playlist.com and sign in, search for songs you want to add to your playlist.. Then get code, change all 400's to 300's, then in your site, go to edit site pages and I put mine on the home page, at the bottom.. Go into source and paste the code...

Anytime, you want to add or delete songs on your playlist, sign in on Playlist.com and add, delete, or even rearrange them and when you go back to your site, they will automatically play in that order.

Monday, November 24, 2008 at 6:25 PM - Response #3

Go to www.playlist.com create an account and then add those songs to a playlist. Then you get the copy and paste the code to the page on your site where you would like it to appear. Like someone else mentioned, make sure that you change the measurements within the code or else it will blow out your margins.

Oh, another thing! Right before you get the code, the site will ask you if you want the music to auto start play and if you want it to shuffle. I hit Yes for both so that I don't have to scroll all the way to the bottom of the homepage to start the music, and so that I don't always listen to the same 5 songs, while I have almost 200 on the playlist.

Edited 11/24/08 6:27 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.