ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Help with a music file

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 02/25/13 06:57 PM Views: 1177 Replies: 5
Monday, February 25, 2013 at 6:57 PM

Hi,
The current player on my home page doesn’t play the music that I created from a file on my hard drive. Others I have created in the past work fine. If I look at the playlist generator, manage playlists, the music file called Oklahoma doesn’t contain a track which might be the problem? This music file was created off of a school recorded 33 ppm record, and converted to a CD-R. The program that created the CD was a CD audio track (cda.) Format. I then converted the cda. Format into a MP3 format and stored it on my hard drive. When I look at the properties of the file on the hard drive it says it is MP3 format sound. The originally created CD only contained one track and is about 59mg in size, about 43min playing time. Any thoughts what might be a solution.
Thanks
Bob

Monday, February 25, 2013 at 7:26 PM - Response #1

So you converted the CD to an MP3 and the MP3 is 59MB? Average MP3 is about 5MB for 3 minutes (quick guess), so that would be around 35 minutes. That matches your info and sounds about right.

I do not know if the CC player requires a file to be completely downloaded before playing. If so, 59MB would take a bit. If you have the MP3 in your file vault, you could post a link so it can be checked out to see if it really is an MP3. I assume this file plays on your PC.

I don't know what bit rate you selected for the MP3, but 128kbps is common.

You can resample the MP3 and play at a lower bit rate. 44kbps should still sound OK and be 1/3 smaller or around 20MB.

There is no file listed in the CC player though. Did you enter your file vault URL in the player?

Edited 02/25/13 7:29 PM
Tuesday, February 26, 2013 at 5:42 AM - Response #2

Hi,
I edited my home page, clicked on the LINK icon and entered into my file vault. I then added the "OKLAHOMA" MP3 music file from my PC. Took 61mb of memory. When I click on this file from the vault it shows it's and MP3 and it plays.
My Playlist Generator contains the "OKLAHOMA" music file from which I got the source code to copy to my home page to launch the player. It still doesn't show a track and the player doesn't play anything. Don't know how to add the URL to the player from my vault.
Bob
BTW, this is my family web site which I'm using to practice on as I'm also the owner of our class web site of 1961 (Roxbury NJ), and if I can get this working I will use it there. OKLAHOMA was our musical play in 1961 and was recorded on record. It should be a treat to the class to relive the memory.
UPDATE-- I just embedded the music link from the vault into one of my pages and it plays just fine. I can make this work and do not need to have the player start automatically if it's too much bother.

Edited 02/26/13 7:34 AM
Tuesday, February 26, 2013 at 10:36 AM - Response #3

Fixed.

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 at 11:19 AM - Response #4

So you added the URL for Robert into the player?

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 at 7:24 PM - Response #5

Thanks to both for the fix. Much appreciated.
Bob

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.