ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Classmate Opting Out of Receiving Email

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 04/06/11 08:23 PM Views: 1295 Replies: 3
Wednesday, April 6, 2011 at 8:23 PM

I just heard about this few days ago on the forum, and noticed I have "at least" one classmate who has clicked the link on emails sent from "Email All Classmates" to Not Receive emails.

Is there an easy way to search for which classmates may have taken this acion; i.e. - a report perhaps?

Thursday, April 7, 2011 at 1:25 AM - Response #1

And could the admins get an email alert when that happens?Rolling Eyes

Thursday, April 7, 2011 at 12:18 PM - Response #2

When you send an all class email you'll see which Classmates have opted out. The system lists "Notify Flag Off" and that link is clickable to a full explanation of what that means and how to put the Classmate back on the list (just in case they've made a mistake).

All of this is about to be moot anyway because a new feature called "Notify Me" is coming out that will replace this mechanism. It's actually done but awaiting several other improvements that have to be complete before we can launch everything as a group. Stay tuned, when we launch this we'll provide full instructions.

Thursday, April 7, 2011 at 12:28 PM - Response #3

Thanks Brad, I had seen the "Notify Flag Off" that drew my attention to this. Have to intentionally search for those, so I was recommending a report or something.

However, the upcoming solution should take care of it anyway.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.