ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

In Memory Notice Form Date of Birth

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 07/12/10 01:29 AM Views: 1386 Replies: 6
Monday, July 12, 2010 at 1:29 AM

It does not look like we can modify the In Memory Notice Form. It must be a hard coded form.

Would it be possible to add a Date of Birth line above the Date Deceased line?

If this information is known by classmates or family and they provided it, this would help in narrowing down and reducing online research time to come up with the correct individuals information we are looking for. There are many individuals with similar names and the DOB would be a great help to us.

Monday, July 12, 2010 at 1:40 AM - Response #1

Sure, I can see how a Date of Birth field would be helpful. Thanks Bruce, adding this to the list of items to add next time we're working on the In Memory section.

Monday, July 12, 2010 at 1:54 AM - Response #2

And remember that some classes want to list the In Memory entries simply alphabetically rather than by year of death. Perhaps multi-year sites want to list them by class year.

Monday, July 12, 2010 at 8:10 AM - Response #3

Agreed. Alphabetical listing for In Memory would make more sense for my group. Thanks.
Diana

Monday, July 12, 2010 at 10:30 AM - Response #4

That sounds good to me too. If I know their B/day...I make a contact page for the deceased with a fake home addy.

BTW...if any one needs help on doing Obits..I will be glad to help..my hubby, is a 30 yr Licensed Funeral Director/Embalmer and sometimes Minister on many funerals. He's has all kinds of inspirational poems, bible verses..and how to word a obit properly. My 'In Memory' page is password protected..but I would be glad to put you on as a guest for about a wk or so, So you can poke around.

Monday, July 12, 2010 at 10:57 AM - Response #5

Thanks for your offer. How about posting some of the better message on this site under a special category? I am sure others would like to read some of the obits and adopt them as their own.

Thanks,
George alias ohumble1

Monday, July 12, 2010 at 11:35 AM - Response #6

George Ybarra wrote:

Thanks for your offer. How about posting some of the better message on this site under a special category? I am sure others would like to read some of the obits and adopt them as their own.

Thanks,
George alias ohumble1

Will do.....right now it' crunch time for me...reunion is a month away. I will do that after I have a free moment..right now people can email personally and get the info.
When I post the obits..it will be under Building your Site???
I think that's the appropriate place! Wink

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.