ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

6 month and New Year's Emails

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 12/23/10 09:51 AM Views: 1253 Replies: 5
Thursday, December 23, 2010 at 9:51 AM

I thought it would be helpful to include in these emails the current profile information that for the classmates. Just the contact information such as address and phone.

I have found that many people forget to update this information and seeing this in an email may just job their memory to update.

I have found many people look at their profile information for changes but forget to review their contact information.

Thanks

Thursday, December 23, 2010 at 10:12 AM - Response #1

I completely agree in terms of understanding your point of view as to how effective that might be, however, I am certain that including any private information in an email like that would be a violation of our own privacy policy. Email is not necessarily the securest means of communication. We do not share private information readily on the system. And I could see a lot of complaints from an email being sent out containing said information, especially from those classmates and admins who have extremely high security policies for their sites and themselves.

I think the best we can and should do is include a clear message to update their contact information within the site to keep it current for the admins.

Thanks and Happy Holidays!

Thursday, December 23, 2010 at 10:46 AM - Response #2

Somewhat related. If someone simply looks at their profile information and sees it is correct, that doesn't cause their profile status to have been 'updated' does it? Would it matter whether the viewed it through 'edit profile'?

Thursday, December 23, 2010 at 11:18 AM - Response #3

It would not matter. It only matters if they actually make a change on the Profile page and click the Save button.

Thursday, December 23, 2010 at 11:40 AM - Response #4

Since we can't tell whether or not someone has actually verified their profile information by looking at it, perhaps I should add a question to the profile: "I verified my information as correct on: _______"? (Hint: Please enter today's date MM/DD/YY) And remind them to SAVE.

That would create a change on the profile and thus an 'update' as well, correct?

Thursday, December 23, 2010 at 11:45 AM - Response #5

Yes. If you're adding information to Classmates' Profiles prior to them joining the site and then wanting them to validate that information in a fashion that would show up as a "Profile Update" such a question would be a good solution.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.