ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Members receiving birthday notices

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 02/14/22 04:18 PM Views: 292 Replies: 2
Monday, February 14, 2022 at 4:18 PM

I occasionally hear from members from the 3 CC sites that I serve as an Admin, asking why they are receiving daily emails announcing someone's birthday.

My assumption is these folks inadvertently triggered that when they created their profile. My question is twofold:

1) can members make changes requesting NO birthday notification emails.

2) if a member's only chance to request birthday notices is at the time they are establishing a profile-- can the Root Admin have access to make adjustments on behalf of the member.

Monday, February 14, 2022 at 4:30 PM - Response #1

Hi Irma,

Each classmate who wishes to make this change would need to go under their Member Functions > Notify Me page.

They will need to scroll to the bottom where it says, "A Eagle whose profile I'm subscribed to has an upcoming birthday," and change the notification status from, "Once Daily," to "Never."

They can change their Notify Me settings at any time.

Kelcie
Class Creator Support

Monday, February 14, 2022 at 4:31 PM - Response #2

At the bottom of the Notify Me page, look at the very last choice: "Notify me by email when... a Classmate whose profile I'm subscribed to has an upcoming birthday. Immediately, Once Daily, Never."

If the classmate checks Never, he/she should not receive any birthday notification emails.

Edited 02/16/22 9:35 AM
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.