ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

File Vault content used?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 05/31/11 12:22 PM Views: 1265 Replies: 3
Tuesday, May 31, 2011 at 12:22 PM

Is there a way to tell which photos in the file vault are not being displayed on any page? We deleted some custom pages that had photos but want to post the pictures in the gallery. Don't want to upload again and have 2 copies.

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 at 12:23 PM - Response #1

I do not know of an easy way to do this at this time. Anyone else?

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 at 12:53 PM - Response #2

I don't think this will work if you upload a photo to a Gallery that already exists in the image vault, but...

If you try to re-upload the same file to the image vault, you'll get a notice that it already exists with the option to upload this latest one with the photoname(1).jpg

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 at 1:27 PM - Response #3

Gallery doesn't care about duplicates since names are generated. (Would be nice to be able to browse galleries just like the file vault - see next.)

There is a way to find duplicates (or not used). It is a bit tedious and it helps if a 2nd set of eyes is around. A wide screen is required. You open up 2 copies of the site (2 tabs). One is pointed at the file vault, the other at the galleries. Then you browse the vault looking for gallery "matches".

I've done that and it is workableWink

(2 computers or 2 screens are ultimate way to do this - have a friend drag their laptop over)

Edited 05/31/11 1:29 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.