ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Instant chat and Instant messaging

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/16/09 03:33 PM Views: 2875 Replies: 14
Wednesday, September 16, 2009 at 3:33 PM

Brad,
One of the other administrators asked what is the difference between Instant chat and Instant messaging. I never did see the answer to that question. I would like to know also.

Also, is there a maximum number of photos that can be posted on a classmate profile before the system denies him access to post more?

Wednesday, September 16, 2009 at 11:53 PM - Response #1

We have the Classmate Profile photo limit set to 99.

Live Chat is an area where multiple participants can chat at the same time. Instant messaging is the ability to send a private message to somebody else logged into the site at the same time as you.

Thursday, September 17, 2009 at 7:34 AM - Response #2

ARE WE GETTING ANY closer???We are waiting patiently for INSTANT MESSAGING...

Thursday, September 17, 2009 at 8:47 AM - Response #3

Live Chat is first. Well actually the new Reunion Planner Reporting is first, but we're going to release that later today. Then Live Chat next, which is in internal beta but nearly done, and then after that we'll be working on instant messaging and a variety of other major features.

Thursday, September 17, 2009 at 12:57 PM - Response #4

So glad to hear you're working on a chat room. I've tried to add several mentioned in FAQ, and I'm not happy with any. None of them allow you to "invite" an online user. It's great to see who's online with you, but, if you can't attract them to the chat room at the same time you're there...what good is it?

Will your instant chat have a way to alert other online classmates to come and join the room, or an option to invite someone on - kind of the one that facebook uses?

Thursday, September 17, 2009 at 1:28 PM - Response #5

I see the reunion planning reports......nice!!

Now bring on the chats/messenging......lol

Thursday, September 17, 2009 at 2:00 PM - Response #6

Yes, when Instant Messaging goes live, anyway. Hang tight, we're gettin' there. Smile

Thursday, September 17, 2009 at 10:51 PM - Response #7

What will be the difference in I-Chat and IM on our sites?

MargieConfused

Thursday, September 17, 2009 at 11:03 PM - Response #8

Margie Carroll wrote:

What will be the difference in I-Chat and IM on our sites?

MargieConfused

Brad Switzer wrote:

Live Chat is an area where multiple participants can chat at the same time. Instant messaging is the ability to send a private message to somebody else logged into the site at the same time as you.

Edited 09/17/09 11:03 PM
Saturday, September 19, 2009 at 8:51 PM - Response #9

If we have any pull as to which you load first....I vote Instant messaging or instant chat first please. I tried a chat room on our site before and go no interest what so ever.

Thank you

Margie

Saturday, September 19, 2009 at 10:28 PM - Response #10

Programming wise it makes the most sense for us to release integrated Live Chat and then Instant Messaging.

Sunday, November 29, 2009 at 5:03 PM - Response #11

Any projection on a date that IM will be available?

Sunday, November 29, 2009 at 8:34 PM - Response #12

Sometime after Xmas, we don't have an exact timeframe yet, but it shouldn't be too long after that. For the next three weeks we're going to roll out the new Photo Gallery Maker and getting that going. After Xmas we'll also be adding some more featuers to the Live Chat recently launched.

Wednesday, December 23, 2009 at 9:54 PM - Response #13

What is the estimated time for the photo gallery release? I noticed a beta several weeks ago and tried to get on board with it, but have heard nothing else since.

Thursday, December 24, 2009 at 2:02 AM - Response #14

We held up the system-wide release due to a java component compatability issue reported by our beta testers. We're replacing it with a Flash based uploader instead, that has the added benefit of being able to tweak photos a little bit if desired, such as cropping, fixing redeye, and more. With the Christmas and New Year's Holidays approaching we'll probably release Photo Galleries to the whole system just after New Years. Hang tight the new uploader we're working on is worth the wait.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.