ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

overlapping

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 01/11/09 12:16 AM Views: 2241 Replies: 10
Sunday, January 11, 2009 at 12:16 AM

Brad or someone, if you have a moment could you look at my announcements and tell me why #1 is overlapping #2 ? Thanks

Sunday, January 11, 2009 at 12:24 AM - Response #1

Looks fine to me. Thus I'm assuming you've already found and fixed the problem.

Sunday, January 11, 2009 at 12:41 AM - Response #2

Brad, Benton High School that you said looks fine is overlapping on my computer also. Also mine does until I log in which is Moberly High School and my pages look skinny and the section on left side for member etc almost runs off the edge. Is it our computers or the sites or what?

Betty H

Sunday, January 11, 2009 at 2:42 AM - Response #3

I'm not seeing any problems on either of your sites in any major web browsers... What browser and browser version # are both of you using?

Also, make sure you haven't turn on oversized fonts or something like that (usually under your View menu). If you deliberaely change the font size the site is using you can cause formatting issues quite easily. In Internet Explorer the default font size should be set at medium.

Also, in the lower right corner of your browser (if you're using IE) what is your magnification set to? Make sure it's not more than 100%. Changing your magnification can cause formatting problems.

Can you reproduce these problems in any other web browser?

Finally, go to this site -- http://browsershots.org -- and see what your web site looks like in all browsers at the same time. Is this site showing the same problems you're describing?

Edited 01/11/09 2:42 AM
Sunday, January 11, 2009 at 10:14 PM - Response #4

Brad Switzer wrote:

Finally, go to this site -- http://browsershots.org -- and see what your web site looks like in all browsers at the same time. Is this site showing the same problems you're describing?

Brad - That is a cool website! Thanks for sharing!

Monday, January 12, 2009 at 9:34 AM - Response #5

No, actually, I didn't repair it until last night (Sunday) as it was still overlapping until then. (Just saw your Saturday response this morning) I had to delete and move what I wanted in that certain announcement as it was laying over the top of the next announcement. It's okay now, but when I do try to add to that announcement it still overlaps. I thought maybe the weather widget in the next announcement was permanently glued to my screen. If it happens again, I'll check out that site. Sounds cool. I also appreciate the feedback from the other member who saw it as I did. I use Firefox and now that I think about it, didn't check it out in IE. (but that still wouldn't have solved the problem)

Tuesday, May 26, 2009 at 10:24 AM - Response #6

I am having trouble with a classmate's profile overlapping on this page: http://www.northknox70.com/class_profile.cfm?member_id=1752002 Can you please tell me how I can fix this? Thank you very much.

Tuesday, May 26, 2009 at 11:09 AM - Response #7

External hyperlink in a photo caption was actually causing this. Links was very long with no spaces and system couldn't wrap. I just fixed it myself since I was in there, but FYI, the only way to fix this is to know html link code. We'll have to put something in the system to screen for long links in photo captions and fix it on the fly in case anyone else ever does this.

Tuesday, May 26, 2009 at 12:12 PM - Response #8

Hi Brad,
I think I have the same problem, on my home page the announcement are too wide, but I didn't make any recent changes to the home page? I did however make a change to the Donations page and I have a picture on the home page that links to the donations page? Is the picture causing the problem?

Karen

Tuesday, May 26, 2009 at 12:44 PM - Response #9

If you ever see a blown out Annoucnements board, deactivate your Annoucnements 1 by 1 until you figure out which one was causing the problem. In this case it was Announcmenet #3, with the media player. The width of the player was too wide. I bumped it down by 20 pixels and now it's fine.

Tuesday, May 26, 2009 at 12:49 PM - Response #10

Thank you so much.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.