ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Birthday Notifications

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/13/18 12:36 PM Views: 1049 Replies: 20
Wednesday, June 13, 2018 at 12:36 PM

Is there anyway to generate a monthly list of upcoming birthdays, instead of sending out automated responses on daily and upcoming birthdays?
Thanks
Gary

Thursday, June 14, 2018 at 2:26 PM - Response #1

Gary, on your Home Page there’s a list of upcoming auto generated birthdays.
I usually wait til the last day of the current month to see names & dates for the following month. You might want to copy as a group, upcoming month’s names & dates.

Edited 06/14/18 2:32 PM
Thursday, June 14, 2018 at 3:19 PM - Response #2

You could use the Manage Classmates, Download Classlist feature, then make sure you download the following fields:
Classmate Name
Classmate Birthday

Then download the spreadsheet.
The spreadsheet can then be sorted by Birth Month column with a secondary sort on the Birth Day, so that the classmates are sorted by month, and in order of which birthday comes first in the month.

You could then copy/paste the list per month and post it somewhere on your website.

Thursday, June 14, 2018 at 3:27 PM - Response #3

Gary, I used the method Kyle suggested. It has worked very well for the last 8 years. Birthdays are the one thing that does not change, so no updating involved.

Thursday, June 14, 2018 at 3:38 PM - Response #4

We have done that and it works well, as Kyle said.

Thursday, June 14, 2018 at 4:07 PM - Response #5

Thanks Kyle...will play with it...assume that will stop the automated emails the site generates

Thursday, June 14, 2018 at 4:13 PM - Response #6

Thanks Elena

Thursday, June 14, 2018 at 4:49 PM - Response #7

NO, it will not stop the automated emails that the site generates. Those can be stopped by each classmate who wants to discontinue the emails and going to the Notify Me page and choosing to not be notified for the classmate birthday, In other words, on Notify Me, choose NEVER for the "A Classmate whose profile I'm subscribed to has an upcoming birthday "

Thursday, June 14, 2018 at 4:58 PM - Response #8

May not have made myself clear...I can see how to manipulate classmates list....and place it anyway I want on web site. What I am after is for me to be able to post birthdays via emailing the class once a month with upcoming birthdays so classmates do not get the daily or weekly notices about birthdays that are generated automatically by web site. So if they want to wish them happy birthday they can go on web site and do so. Not everybody cares about the birthday of someone whom they have had little or no contact over the years. Thanks....Gary

Thursday, June 14, 2018 at 5:15 PM - Response #9

Gary, if you look at the Notify Me options at the bottom, it says "Notify me by email when a classmate whose profile I am subscribed to has an upcoming birthday."

The only emails anyone receives about birthdays are for classmates to whom they have subscribed. Have the classmate check Never in the Notify Me box and they will no longer receive the birthday email.

Edited 06/14/18 6:47 PM
Thursday, June 14, 2018 at 6:13 PM - Response #10

Thats what I was looking for....afraid I might have to do that....but might be best way to go...I have an admin assistant who is willing to take charge of doing this....thanks for the response...
Gary

Monday, August 13, 2018 at 5:17 PM - Response #11

Should a classmate receive a notification of his own birthday?

[I have someone who is asking. I believe he is looking for confirmation that notification of his birthday has gone to other classmates who subscribe to his profile]

Monday, August 13, 2018 at 6:02 PM - Response #12

I am pretty sure that the classmate who is having the birthday does not get a notification. There doesn't seem to be a need to notify yourself that you are having a birthday.

Tuesday, August 14, 2018 at 4:53 PM - Response #13

Thanks. You just provided the confirmation I was looking for.

Sunday, March 10, 2019 at 4:10 PM - Response #14

Where is the "Notify Me" page?

Sunday, March 10, 2019 at 4:14 PM - Response #15

The Notify Me page is the first page under Member Functions.

Sunday, March 10, 2019 at 4:23 PM - Response #16

Where do I find "Member Functions?"

Sunday, March 10, 2019 at 4:37 PM - Response #17

After you log on to your site, on the left side, below the links for your pages, you'll see a section titled Member Functions. Below that, will be another section titled Admin Functions.

Are you a new administrator? You may wish to contact Class Creator by phone to discuss this, if it's not clear.

Customer Service:
Operators are available Monday through Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. EST.
Phone: 734-585-5605

Edited 03/10/19 5:54 PM
Sunday, March 10, 2019 at 5:57 PM - Response #18

With the Responsive Designs, "Notify Me" can be found on the MEMBER menu (looks like a person's head and shoulders, top-right corner of the website)

Sunday, March 10, 2019 at 6:01 PM - Response #19

Kyle,

Thanks for clearing up where Notify Me is located on the Responsive Design site, like William has. I failed to notice he does not have the same design as our site.

Sunday, March 10, 2019 at 6:02 PM - Response #20

You're welcome.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.