ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Too much white space

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 04/01/11 08:25 PM Views: 1217 Replies: 4
Friday, April 1, 2011 at 8:25 PM

I am having a real problem with too much white space. When I use Firefox browser to edit the homepage - extra white space appears above and below sections that have been separated with a line. I will go in and delete the extra line of space and it will appear okay. Then next time I log on, it's back. Why is this happening and how can I correct it? Also, type faces are different when I log on to Firefox and IE even though both are supposed to be Verdana. They are definitely not the same. I like the boldness of the typeface on IE. Thank you.

Edited 04/01/11 9:27 PM
Saturday, April 2, 2011 at 8:10 AM - Response #1

Nancy,

I think you are probably talking about vertical spacing and not horizontal spacing. When in the editor, use SHIFT-ENTER to put in a single space (or an HTML BREAK - BR code). Use the regular ENTER key to insert a double space (or HTML PARAGRAPH BREAK - P code)..

Saturday, April 2, 2011 at 10:11 AM - Response #2

Kyle, I am talking about vertical spacing and I do follow your suggestions of SHIFT-ENTER for single and ENTER for double. And, when I do it, it is usually fine. If not, I will go back and delete extra space. BUT, it doesn't stay that way. Next day extra lines of space have invaded the page. For example, at the bottom of a joke entitled "The Green Thing" there is a lot of space that wasn't there originally. Is there a code in there that shouldn't be? Also, why does the type face of the headings appear differently with the Firefox browser than with IE? Nancy

Saturday, April 2, 2011 at 10:32 AM - Response #3

Nancy Strand wrote:

...why does the type face of the headings appear differently with the Firefox browser than with IE? Nancy

Can't help you with the rest, but in Firefox, click on Tools/Options/Content and you'll see the ability to set the default font name and size. If set here, this will override the font that you chose for your contents.

I'm no longer a user of Internet Explorer; it may have a similar option — or not. Rolling Eyes

Sunday, April 3, 2011 at 6:42 PM - Response #4

I think the white space problem is a Firefox issue. I'm having a similar problem ever since I upgraded to the latest version of Firefox. When my Class page loads there is a tremendous amount of blank white space near the top of the content area. You need to scroll down before you see the actual content. My older version of Firefox showed the page just fine. I don't have this problem at all with IE.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.