ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Book Reviews

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 10/12/11 05:18 PM Views: 1302 Replies: 4
Wednesday, October 12, 2011 at 5:18 PM

I've set up a feature on our website which allows members to submit book reviews for the purpose of recommending ones that they've enjoyed to classmates(or maybe warning of bad ones).

I created it as a survey, which works pretty well as far as capturing the information. It uses drop-down lists for category, sub-category, overall rating, etc. and provides a text box for inputting comments. This part works pretty well.

The problem is in the way survey results are reported, since they group results by answer, rather than keeping each members survey answers together. This is obviously the right way to summarize for a normal survey, but it doesn't work well for the purpose I'm using it for.

So I'm wondering if anyone has found a better way to do something like this. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011 at 5:38 PM - Response #1

Don't know if it will be helpful or not but if you export all the results to Excel, put in a row at the top and then do a data filter you can access the info by member.

Wednesday, October 12, 2011 at 7:13 PM - Response #2

What a great idea. I think I will "borrow" it, but I'll try it as a forum rather than a survey. We will see how that works.

Thursday, October 13, 2011 at 11:32 AM - Response #3

F C Bock wrote:

Don't know if it will be helpful or not but if you export all the results to Excel, put in a row at the top and then do a data filter you can access the info by member.

Thanks for the suggestion. It's really not too much effort to copy/paste directly from the survey statistics page, which is what I've done so far, but I'll try the Excel approach too.

Thursday, October 13, 2011 at 11:34 AM - Response #4

Venita Cronk wrote:

What a great idea. I think I will "borrow" it, but I'll try it as a forum rather than a survey. We will see how that works.

Please let me know how that works out. Thanks.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.