ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Profile Generator Questions

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 01/10/09 11:35 PM Views: 5954 Replies: 37
Saturday, January 10, 2009 at 11:35 PM

I need help-I changed some of the standard profile questions (I didn't read the disclaimer for the default questions and probably reworded them completely changing the intent of the question.) Now I want to know what the questions originally were and in what order they were listed so that I can fix this problem.

What is happening is my classmates are starting to hear about the website and are starting to fill out their profiles and a few of the classmates have their address and phone numbers showing in places that I have a question.

So I need to know what the default questions were and in what order so that I can fix this problem that I created.

Edited 01/10/09 11:38 PM
Sunday, January 11, 2009 at 12:20 AM - Response #1

Well that's whatcha get for not following directions! Wink

Nah seriously, you're not the first to have done that. In your case you really didn't "mess it up" too badly. In fact everything you did is just fine, other than you changed the default "Attending Reunion" question to "Would you go back and relive your high school years?" instead. So I had to put that one back to "Attending Reunion", otherwise all of your attending reunion icons on your Classmates Profiles page will be an inaccurate mess.

If you want to put your "Would you go back and relive your high school years?" back in there, just go back to Profile Generator and add that as a new question. Everything else is fine.

Sunday, January 11, 2009 at 12:22 AM - Response #2

Oh by the way, if you post in the forums, fill out our contact form, or send us a private email, we really will get all of them. There's no reason to ask multiple ways. We got your back. Smile

Sunday, January 11, 2009 at 11:05 PM - Response #3

I changed the description on the telephone number but it appears to not have taken. On the profile generator page is looks like:
I expected it to look like:

on the contact page. However, it still looks like:

Will items on the Contact page not change?

Sunday, January 11, 2009 at 11:29 PM - Response #4

"Telephone (NNN-NNN-NNNN)" is something you added to your Profile Questions yourself using Profile Generator. If somehow your self-added Telephone field also updated the Telephone slot on the Contact Details page, that would have been incredibly cool. Smile

No, those things have nothing to do with each other. I added your NNN-NNN-NNNN to the system globally for ya though. Now thanks to you a quarter million people are stuck with it whether they like it or not. Wink

Edited 01/11/09 11:31 PM
Friday, January 23, 2009 at 12:34 AM - Response #5

Hi, I looked for this but can't find the answer.
What generates the profile questions to 'show up' on each individual's profile page?

I'm the first to fill one out as I wanted to set an example of sorts. But as I go to Individual Profile pages, I see no questions. I wouldn't expect them to be there on those who have not registered, but the co-admins & a few others have entered some data - wouldn't the questions & answer fields be visable then?

In other words, I re-vamped a lot of the Profile Generator & I'm wondering if I messed up some default questions that might be a problem. We're launching the site Saturday Morning & I need the profile pages 'up and running'.

Thanking you for your response, N

Oh, BTW, I haven't received a single email from the forums today -?

Friday, January 23, 2009 at 2:00 AM - Response #6

Because a question only shows up if somebody actually answered it. Otherwise you could wind up with all kinds of questions all over Profiles and no answers, which would get kinda ugly.

You are the only one so far who answered everything. Your co admins have only filled in very basic information. Anything else they answer will in fact appear on their Profiles though.

Friday, January 23, 2009 at 4:04 AM - Response #7

Oh, so the Questions & Answer fields only show from their view? Ok, got it. Thanks!

Any idea why I'm not receiving any forum emails? We've been thru this b4, and I've done absolutely everything that the FAQ Section on Emails says. Checked Junk, whitelisted/safe senders, blocked pop-ups, security settings, re-booted,etc. I know you'll say it's at my end ...maybe something with my server? I'll wait till morning (well, when it gets light,anyway ~ ha!) & see where I'm at.

One more thing: I'm launching the site by sending an email to those for whom we have e adds, but I'm going via my own Windows mail, not the site's "email the class". Will that cause any problems with them using our domain address to register, or any other complications,etc, from not sending the email via the site?

Thanks, as always,for the gentle giving genius in you, Bradster! Blessings, N

Friday, January 23, 2009 at 11:22 AM - Response #8

Nope, using Windows or whatever other mail program will cause no problems. You're fine.

Why are you no longer receiving forum emails? No clue... But I do think it's all you like you said, he he he. Smile Nobody else is complaining about this.

Note, forum emails go out from info@classcreator.com, not postmaster@classcreator.net. Make sure you've whitelisted info@classcreator.com. You might want to give your email provider a quick call and inquire if they've done anything to block emails from info@classcreator.com. 100,000 or so emails go through our system every day. Although rare, it's not uncommon for us to wind up on email "graylists" because somebody has reported a mail going through our system as spam, even though it was originated by somebody else. I've had to get us off several of these lists in the past. It actualy hasn't happened for some time now, but it's possible for whatever reason they have blocked info@classcreator.com from entering their network. If I had to take a wild guess as to what happened, this would be it. You clearly had it working before and didn't change anything on your end. And that means the odds are that your email provider did in fact change something. When you ask them, they will know. If they have indeed blocked us for any reaosn please let me know so I can get it resolved.

Friday, January 23, 2009 at 9:32 PM - Response #9

Bradster?? That's cool, from my era!! Did I miss something? I don't see a question nor do I remember changing a question that says "Attending Reunion" in the Profile!

Friday, January 23, 2009 at 9:41 PM - Response #10

If you activate a reunion on your web site, the "Attending Reunion" question automatically adds to your Classmate Profiles. This question controls the little "attending reunion" icons you see next to your Classmates' names on the Class List.

Saturday, January 24, 2009 at 8:09 PM - Response #11

SIGNIFICANT PROBLEM

BRADSTER - PLEASE READ !

Ok, I followed your directions and spent a long time typing 2 emails to you with the results of my investigation. Due to the private inforamtion contained in them, I sent them to your private email via the link on this page.

Now I realize that was rather stupid, b/c if I'm not getting your mail, you won't get mine. In fact, when I click 'send' it refers me to my "inbox", as you know, to review my just sent email and, of course, neither of them are there.

B/C I am such a poor typist [the word 'backspace' is worn off the key] & b/c I am in such a state, my husband has agreed to retype both emails, as I, thankfully, made copies.

He will do so, in two separate back to back emails as soon as I send this. But first a couple thigs I didn't think to say b4:

1.) The first time I did NOT receive either Forum email or important ones from you was January 1st. I did not receive the email that went out from you about the New Year's Reminder Emails: it was sent from "postmaster@classcreator.net" & subjected: "New Years Email & dated: 12/31/08

Nor did I receive one subjected,"Can't Log On" & dated 1/1/09 from a classmate; however, all 3 of the other co-admins did recieve both, even though I am the "root" admin. On Jan. 1st' @6:55 pm, I wrote to you about both issues via "info@classcreator.com" & subjected it as "Questions".

You responded telling me to check spam, whitelist "postmaster', read FAQ, etc.

SO FOR THE RECORD: every concievable email you have is on my "Safe Sender's list"
I still check Junk/Delete etc.

My p/c security is set at Medium high.

I have SpySweeper & Trend Micro Antivirus

The Geek Squad has been here twice & they say it is not my pc

2.) I am reluctant to give you my phone # via the forum, but if that is what is needed I'll give you my husband's work cell #. Just say so in a reply here.

I don't believe you have my # anywhere in your records. Of course the # I call Rhonda on is not open til Monday. I don't kniow if there is a # you would feel comfortable giving me here. Maybe the info Devon will re-type will be all you need.

Sorry for all the information, but we were uncertain as to what all you might need. I'm sorry to bother you over the week-end. Hopefully we are making the correct approach to this.

Thanking you ahead [alto I must say I think I've stopped having fun at this point) N Rolling Eyes

Saturday, January 24, 2009 at 8:38 PM - Response #12

Nancee,

First, relax, I promise you that no matter what the issue is, we'll find and solve it. I've never had an email issue I couldn't solve, and we will in fact solve this issue here too. K?

Now, having said that, anything that has happened regarding email in the past is now moot, as yesterday and today we've installed a brand new, more powerful email server. So absolutely everything is now different regarding email.

So, here's what I want you to do. Go to your own web site, and enter your own email address into the Missing Classmates box on your home page. Then give it up to an hour and tell me if you got the email. It will be coming from postmaster@classcreator.net.

If you don't get it let me know, and we'll figure out why it's not getting through to your email provider. Shortly we'll be chaning our postmaster mailing address, as some email systems are now blocking ALL emails from postmaster@anywhere.com. Apparently due to the generic nature of the email address some people are simply blocking it. If that happens to be the issue, which is doubtful overall, we'll find that out from your provider if and when we need to inquire with them. But first, go ahead and run that test above for me, so I can see if email from our brand new mail system is reaching you.

Saturday, January 24, 2009 at 8:49 PM - Response #13

Hi Brad,

This Devon, the following text is what Nancee wrote to you.

Hi Bradster,

I am sending you this via the ClassCreator site, not my domain.

I am not receiving Forum emails.

I wish so that I could speak to you directly as the following is very confusing and hard to explain this way. But, I'll try, so bear with me:

BTW, I talked Rhonda about this around 5:30 pm yesterday and she said it was beyond her and to email Jessica, so that is why I didn't respond on this Forum Thread. I did not email Jessica b/c I was in a race against time to get the site ready for today, AND at that time I was not having problems with Firefox.

Yesterday, I spoke with GoDaddy.com from where I get my email address. They said they do indeed handle email from you, but then a 3rd party handles it from there. This Third party gives GoDaddy a certain route (or default route?) to check. On THAT one, GoDaddy did not see a problem, but according to them, that doesn't mean there isn't one somewhere in the system.

In order to check futher they need from you:

the "Bounce Back Name" and your "IP Number".

Now they only checked via Internet Explorer, assuming both that and my other browser Firefox were the same.

They told me to tell you that the one specific thing (address?)that they did check has the following info:

"IP address 69.20.48.241" AND "MXI.emailSRVR.com

NOW TODAY:
Still no Forum Emails.

I can get to my site and move around over IE.

BUT on Firefox the following is happening (of which I have talked to GoDaddy and they say to tell you):

1st time I went to www.southside64.com over Firefox
I get a white screen and in the lower left corner it says and keeps saying: "Transferring data from i3.ytimg.com" and I never get connected

2nd time: same thing only this time it says: "Transferring data from Deco-01.slide.com" and this alternates with "Transferring data from Deco-00.slide.com" ans still nothing.

3rd time: same thing only this time it says: "Read i3.yting.com"

So......... I think I'll remove my senior picture 'slide' from the home page.

Now 4th time: I get to my site, but have to Log in - this is the first time Ive ever had to do that with either IE or Firefox. I log in, and I go to the next 'page' where at the top it says: "Nancee is Logged in". No matter what I try to go to - Statistics or, Message Forum - as soon as I click, the page disappears to white and at the top it says: "Sorry you are not logged in, return to Home Page and do so" AND at the bottom it says:
"www.southside64.com/class_classmates_missing.cfm"

The Post Cards announcing the site should have arrived today..I have an Email to go out to sixth of the class, but have not sent it,b/c I don't know if this affects people coming to the site or what!

This is getting to be a bit much for me. I feel relatively helpless [not hopeless, yet].

Go Daddy said you couild talk to them but you would need my Account # and Log in Pin which I will gladly give you, if that is what you need to do.

I am such a poor typist - this has taken forever and I hope I said it all well enough for you to understand. Please don't tell me to fix it by myself, again, b/c I don't know where to go from here.

Please Bradster, repond to this! Apologizing and Thanking you in advance, Nancee (I'LL be the one to need a Dr., next!)

P.S. My phone number is xxx-xxx-xxxx in case you need to call me (If I don't recognize your #, please leave a message and I'll call you right back.

Saturday, January 24, 2009 at 8:57 PM - Response #14

Roger that, Bradster!

So you could detect a tad bit of tension in there, huh?

OK ~ Won't have Dev re-type the 2nd emial that had more info, but will follow these suggestions.

Sorry, didn't expect such a quick response.

{I know ~ what ever was I thinking? I should know by now!]

I'm off to do the the Bradster's bidding ........

Saturday, January 24, 2009 at 9:00 PM - Response #15

Nancee,

I understand why this must seem daunting. But, I promise you, it really isn't. There's two things I want you to do for me.

1) Reset your browser cookies, close down your web browser, open it back up again, and relog into your site. This will fix your problem of not staying logged in. Ok? One down, one to go.

2) I need you to run the email test for me that I described in my last response. If you get the email, you're already all set. If not, let me know and I'll figure out why you're not getting it. Either way we'll solve that.

Hey, before I understood all of this computer jargon stuff, it was all greek to me too. In fact I'm still learning.

Saturday, January 24, 2009 at 10:45 PM - Response #16

UH, AH ~~~ HOW'D YOU DO THAT?!?! ... OR IS THAT JUST PART OF THE "WALKING ON WEBSITE WATER" BIT??

OK... I was in the middle of baking chocolate chip cookies,so just checked. Looks as if invite came thru at 9:08 pm, which was very quick, right?

Are you telling me that this was all for nothing? I'm mean, I don't need anymore grey hairs! But that doesn't explain why I'm not getting,even today, any Forum emails ???

Also, just now tried to get on site via Firefox, and exactly same thing happened as explained in Devon's re-type.

The 2nd info email that he did not re-type, told of another message from trying to get on via Firefox, here's a copy/paste:

Failed to Connect

Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at www.southside64.com.

Though the site seems valid, the browser was unable to establish a connection.

* Could the site be temporarily unavailable? Try again later.
* Are you unable to browse other sites? Check the computer's network connection.
* Is your computer or network protected by a firewall or proxy? Incorrect settings can interfere with Web browsing.

The message at lower left stated: "Page Load Error"

Also, why didn't GoDaddy tell me today, that you guys were changing?

I appreciate & apologize for the hassle we're bringing into your Saturday evening, {Dev said "can't this wait till tommorrow? He may have a hot date"}, so really sorry; but some people are hitting the site & don't feel "settled" about this.

Now what, Wizard Bradster??
Blessings, N

Saturday, January 24, 2009 at 11:29 PM - Response #17

"Wizard Bradster" -- oh man I must really have you fooled. You oughta hear what the programmers say about me! Smile

Please go back to the main screen of the forums and unsubscribe, then resubscribe. If it doesn't work let me know and I'll have a programmer look at your subscription. Forum emails and all other system emails come from two entirely different addresses, so the problem is not related. It sounds like the other problem was solved now that we have the new email server in place.

Regarding the connection problem, it sounds like something local. I take it this is no longer happening?

FYI, Godaddy would have zero clue we were installing new mailserver software over here. If they knew that, then they'd be a psychic registrar. I've never heard of a psychic registrar before, but considering some of the zany commercials Godaddy has run in the past, who knows what they'll try next.

And finally, I do not have a hot date tonight, but I do have a wonderful wife, a 3 year old princess, and a 6 month old prince. Smile

Edited 01/24/09 11:31 PM
Sunday, January 25, 2009 at 1:28 AM - Response #18

Hi Bradster<

Ok,to review:

I did get the test invitation that I emailed to myself.

I do not know what it means to "reset my browser cookies ~~ it hardly sounds decent ~~ but I did shut down my pc, turned off the power to my router, modem & pc. Turned the power back on, re-booted the pc

I unsubscribed to the Forum & then resubscribed.

I have talked to GoDaddy with the reported results.

I have talked to my local server, Comcast, (who are notoriously messed up) three times in the last 2 weeks. They say "not at their end". But they can only check so far, and since I do not use a Comcast.net email they are limited.

I have had Best Buy's Geek Squad and paid them 3 times in 2 weeks to do diagnostics. The kid that works on my pc is good, and has worked on it since we purchased it. He is the one that downloaded Firefox. This problem has only existed since this morning with them.

At this time, I have received NO emails from the Forum since January 16th. Would that date & all that you were doing have any bearing on this? That was the day that you had several people saying they had problems, you got it fixed. I still had no email; you had a couple/three beers.

At this time, when I use Firefox to go to my site, the same thing happens: I log on, go to next screen that says I'm logged on, click any page, and immediately get bumped off & told I am not logged on.

A new thing: I went to my site w/IE, I'm already logged in, and at the top it says "I have l bounced back email." I have NOT SENT ANY EMAILS THRU THE SITE! It was an email to my husband's work address. He is not classmate, but I "made" him one so he could help Scan the Senior pics, etc. THIS CONCERNS ME - How can I get a bounce back when I haven't sent anything. I had messed around with the site's "Email the Class" to send our 1st Email announcement, but decided to go with my Windows Mail (I wrote a question about that) I have NOT sent that. What I was messing around with couldn't possibly gone out, could it?

All we know to do is what GoDaddy is asking us to do & that is get the Bounce Back name & your IP address & they say they can tell me Exactly where the problem is occuring.

I have a totally new (w/in the last year) everything HP system with Windows Vista Home Premium. I've spent 2 days on this & never got to finish what I wanted to b4 the site was announced. Which is ok, the Profile etc. is done & people can register.

We are at a stand still, and at your mercy or some one's. I am very grateful for you and all the bradster juniors & everyone else @ Classcreators. And PTL I can get to my site with IE.

Tomorrow, Devon said he's going to try to re-download Firefox to see it that helps (maybe there was a glitch the first time - which makes no sense to me as it has worked up until today.)

Let me know your thoughts tomorrow, please. Thanks again & sorry for all the problems. Bless you, Wizard Bradster, & All Hail to the Queen and Prince & Princess! Wink N

(Hope your castle is not drafty, it is a "feels like" minus 9, here.)

Sunday, January 25, 2009 at 1:46 AM - Response #19

BTW, since the test invite was successful & 'I'm all set', I just sent a test to your Private email, and "NO GO", it said "Return to Inbox (default)"

So now you know! Rolling Eyes Dr. Nancee

Sunday, January 25, 2009 at 11:22 AM - Response #20

Click here to learn how to reset your browser cookies. Until you do this you're going to continue to have the problem you're describing.

Now that you've resubscribed to the forums, let me know if you start receiving forum posts again.

Your site sends emails all on its own. For instance, it sends new classmate welcome emails. Or it sends lost password requests. If one of these emails bounce, you get it as a bounced item. This way you can see why it bounced and correct the problem.

And finally, you should know that my castle actually is rather drafty. But I kind of like it that way. Well, other than when the heating bill comes, that is.

Sunday, January 25, 2009 at 11:23 AM - Response #21

Nancee Lougheed wrote:

BTW, since the test invite was successful & 'I'm all set', I just sent a test to your Private email, and "NO GO", it said "Return to Inbox (default)"

Well that's a completely different issue. Smile Are you sure you typed the email address correctly? Forward the bounced email to mail@classcreator.com. If I can see it I can tell you exactly why it bounced.

Sunday, January 25, 2009 at 11:31 AM - Response #22

Happy Sunday!

Today, Everytime I go to the site with Firefox the same thing happens: I have to log in, after the Home page, any where else I want to go, altho it says I'm logged in, I get blocked with a message that says I'm not logged in. The message is not way at the top like it was b4, but under the page heading I'm trying to go to: like heading "Messages", then below it says, 'not logged in'.

Also, several people have joined the site, but I have only received notification of one.

Also, if someone sends me a message, I get the notice over Firefox, and when I click "view your message", it does what I said in the first paragraph.

I JUST REMEMBERED SOMETHING: Jessica guided me in getting E-mail forwarding which resulted in changing our site address in Preferences to info@southside64.com with forwarding to myself and one other admin.

I did that Thursday or Friday ~ would that be part of the problem? How do I check that out?

Just trying to help by giving you as much info as can. Maybe it's not helpful?

Thanks! N

Sunday, January 25, 2009 at 11:41 AM - Response #23

Did you clear your browser cookies as suggested? Until you do that this is going to continue. Let's start with just that. Clear your browser cookies per above, and let's get your issue of not staying logged in resolved. Once we have squared away let's move onto any remaining issues. If you can't stay logged in it's going to be hard for you to do much of anything else. So let's start there. I promise you that a cookie clear is going to resolve this.

Mozilla Firefox

1. Open Firefox and click on the "Tools" menu.
2. Select "Options."
3. Click on the "Privacy" icon on the left.
4. Select "Cookies" and click on "View Cookies"
5. Remove all cookies
6. Click "OK" to exit.

Sunday, January 25, 2009 at 11:53 AM - Response #24

Brad Switzer wrote:

Nancee Lougheed wrote:

Well that's a completely different issue. Smile Are you sure you typed the email address correctly? Forward the bounced email to mail@classcreator.com. If I can see it I can tell you exactly why it bounced.

Bradster: We keep 'crossing messages'

I do not know to which 'bounced email' you are referring.

If it is the one that I was notified about at my site, which told me it was an email to Devon Kirk - he is my husband per previous thread, and I can not "forward" it b/c I NEVER SENT ONE. That was what I was trying to say. I have not sent any emails via "Email the Class", but I have sent 2 emails to classmates from their profiles, both went through.

If you are referring to the email referenced in this thread which I sent privately to you by clicking the 'email' button under your name, I can't forward that either b/c after I hit "send", it said what I said at the top :"Return to Inbox (default)"

I try to do the cookie thing now.

Sunday, January 25, 2009 at 11:58 AM - Response #25

Yes, I was referring to the email referenced in this thread that you tried to sent to me privately. If you get a bounce it will be right in your inbox. I can't possibly tell you why that email bounced unless I can see it. Most likely something was incorrect about the "to" address. I.E. you need to be sending the email to mail@classcreator.com or info@classcreator.com. I have a feeling one of these two exact email addresses was not used. Something as simple as a typo in the email address would cause a bounce back to you.

Sunday, January 25, 2009 at 2:05 PM - Response #26

It took 2 hours for this to get to me.

RE: Cookies: Read instructions -
ALL of them? Is this creating lot of work for me down the line? I can't keep ones I know are 'safe', like ClassCreator?

Do I do this for IE, as well as Firefox, or does 'doing it' for one take care of the other?

RE: Reference Email:

Brad I don't get it - I don't enter an address, I just click the 'email' icon to the left [the one that is next to 'view site']. A box like the one I'm typing on comes up and says something like - 'type your message to this PRIVATE email'. I hit 'send' - it says "Return to Inbox-(default)" then my Inbox pops up & what I just typed is NOT there.

What am I missing here?

Sunday, January 25, 2009 at 2:18 PM - Response #27

Forgot - NO I am not getting Forum Emails.

Also, when I do get notification of a new member,I get 2 of them.

Sunday, January 25, 2009 at 4:33 PM - Response #28

Do you have an alternate email address entered in your contact page? If not this may be related to your email forwarding setup, which I can have Jessica take a look at.

Sunday, January 25, 2009 at 9:13 PM - Response #29

Hi again,

No answer from you on questions about "Cookies", so will remove ALL on Firefox first and see what happens b4 doing anthing with IE.

No reply about your Private emil - situation there is static.

Continue to have same problems when going to website via Firefox

No emails from Forum

YES, did recieve Receive from you on "pastmaster" the Subscrition email

Continue to receive Double "join site notifications"

RE: FORWARDING EMAIL:

Original "Site Address ": klklaehn@comcast.net"

Set up: info@southside64.com with 'forwarding to':

nancee@kirkrosemanor.com and
klkaehn@comcast.net

Current "Site Adddress" in Preferences now says:
info@southside64.com

Don't know if that answers your question/comment.

Going presently to collect Bounty on 'them thar cookies'
N.

Sunday, January 25, 2009 at 9:44 PM - Response #30

I haven't read one single email today. I apologize, I'm a little swamped today. No, wait, make that a lot swamped today. I will get to everything though.

I'm going to have Jessica take a look at your double classmate notification problem. I logged into your site and see that you do not have an alt email address filled in. Thus it must have somethign to do with your email forwarding scenario. Anwyay, I'm calling in the troops on this one. In this case the troop is Jessica.

Sunday, January 25, 2009 at 9:58 PM - Response #31

Private Nancee reporting back to General Bradster,
re: the cookie campaign on Firefox, we took no survivors; mission accomplished,with the following results:

I go to domain via Firefox, see Home page - left & right columns visible - nothing showing in middle

Log on, go to next page and YES! I can navigate to all pages - it does NOT knock me off, HOWEVER ......

when I go to Home page, the center column briefly flashes on & I can see my slide, words, etc, but it flashes right off & is white space.

Meanwhile the lower left bar is rapidly running thru 'transferring xxxxxx, most of which says, what I told you in that first email yesterday that Devon re-typed:
"Transferring data from Deco-01.slide.com or -00.slide.com

So Is my "slide" the problem that causes me to have a white blank in the middle of my Home page??? BUT ....

1.) ... when I check 'Edit Home Pg' the Slide & everything is there in visual & source modes

2.)... ON INTERNET EXPLORER, THE HOME PAGE IS FINE AS IS THE SLIDE!? [even tho, I did not remove cookies thru IE -? -little confused here?]

Now what? - remove the slide? which will remove it from IE, also, correct?

Awaiting Orders. Pfc. N

PS: Also, Bradster, why am I getting bounce back email notifications when nothing has been sent from the site??

Sunday, January 25, 2009 at 10:04 PM - Response #32

Hey! Even Wizards are intitled to 'bad hair days'! That's cool!

As long as I can get to site w/ IE, I'm fine!

Know you'll get to it when you get to it - gotta be higher priorities, so just put my stuff on stack marked "Do Week 1/26"

Thanks for letting me know! N.

(is this one of those 'couple 2,3 beer days?) Wink

Sunday, January 25, 2009 at 10:19 PM - Response #33

Hi Nancee,

I'm looking into the duplicate email notifications issue. Can you forward me the duplicate emails you received for one classmate (e.g. the initial notification and the duplicate notification for the same classmate) so I can into this further. Forward them to info@classcreator.com

Sunday, January 25, 2009 at 10:41 PM - Response #34

Nancee,

Because your site sends emails all by itself. Like if somebody puts in an email address into your Missing Classmates box on your home page for example. If somebody puts in a bad eamil address there, then it's going to bounce.

I checked out our "blank spot" problem and fixed it since I was already in there. You were inserting objects into your site that were too large for the space you had available. You can learn how to fix this yourself next time by reading this thread.

Sunday, January 25, 2009 at 11:07 PM - Response #35

SENT 4 SETS OF 2, N

Sunday, January 25, 2009 at 11:15 PM - Response #36

Brad Switzer wrote:

Nancee,

Because your site sends emails all by itself. Like if somebody puts in an email address into your Missing Classmates box on your home page for example. If somebody puts in a bad eamil address there, then it's going to bounce.

I checked out our "blank spot" problem and fixed it since I was already in there. You were inserting objects into your site that were too large for the space you had available. You can learn how to fix this yourself next time by reading this thread.

WELL, FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE! I KNOW THAT!! BUT THOUGHT SINCE HOME PAGE WAS 'OK' WITH IE, THAT WASN'T THE PROB. HAD IN MIND TO CHECK IT OUT 'EVENTUALLY', BUT HADN'T HAD TIME.

FEEL 'SHEEPISHLY' THAT I WASTED SOME OF YOUR TIME (& mine).
MEA CULPA!

In addition to all the other "titles" I bestow on you, I think I'll add: "You are a Good Sport, Kiddo!" N

Sunday, January 25, 2009 at 11:20 PM - Response #37

You're just lucky you didn't talk to me BEFORE my dinner margarita... Wink

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.