ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Guest Classmates

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 03/01/09 03:38 PM Views: 1172 Replies: 1
Sunday, March 1, 2009 at 3:38 PM

Hi, we have a lot of people wanting to join our site from other years. I have over ten now and the list is starting to look pretty disorganized. I can't really make it a multi-year site because one of my members already started one on her own so that we could all have a joint message forum. Our site is months ahead of hers as far as development and participation, so many of our members don't want to join the other site. Is there a way to organize the Guest Classmate list by year (and school)? We also have people wanting to join from the cross-town rival high school.

Thanks,
Retha

Sunday, March 1, 2009 at 5:14 PM - Response #1

Yea....this is an interesting situation..

Obviously the best bet would be to come together and run an alumni site. That doesn't sound possible though in this situation, so maybe create independent sites and then tie them together with a master alumni site (a site that links off to all of the individual year sites). I know that won't be ideal either, but we'll be making a "Guest Pass" system in the future so Classmates from the same school can log into sites from other years (assuming the Admin allows it).

Another thing we could consider doing is making one collective message forum for all years from each school for situations like this. I think that might help tie things together.

In direct answer to your question though, no, the Guest Member system isn't set up to organize people by year. Obviously that's what the multi system is for... 10 doesn't sound so bad as long as you put the year after the name, although I can certainly see how this will be a growing problem.

I think ultimately we will need:

1) An alumni site for each school
2) A guest pass system so Classmates can traverse from site to site
3) A community chat and message forum area on the alumni site that all Classmates from the school can access

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.