ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Notifications

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 12/17/23 05:35 PM Views: 397 Replies: 10
Sunday, December 17, 2023 at 5:35 PM

Hello:

We suddenly are not getting notifications for upcoming birthdays, birthdates, updates or posts at our message forum (everyone's favorite spot!).

Also, the last class email showed that only 2/3 of the class read the email, which is very unusual because they are usually read by everyone. Just wanted to make sure that they were all sent. And I do realize that we are getting older and may not be paying attention.

Thank you! Love the site.

Monday, December 18, 2023 at 10:01 AM - Response #1
NotifyTotals.jpg

This appears to confirm a problem I reported last week. Check out {THIS} thread which seems to show that notify emails to Gmail users were no longer received starting on 12/12.
My notify stats seem to reflect that. (see attached).

Tuesday, December 19, 2023 at 12:41 PM - Response #2

We are having the same trouble with our site concerning Gmail accounts. Has Class Creator responded to this problem to you in anyway? We have not had much help with this. I home they are able to fix it soon. Not everybody has an alternate email to use.

Tuesday, December 19, 2023 at 11:18 PM - Response #3

It looks like there is more than one item open on this topic

Although this is not site wide it is clearly happening to more than one person.

Can you all please check your spam / junk and promotions folders. I checked with gmail and we are not blocked. They did report that they saw some emails marked test only or with just a few words and that they are no longer accepting messages like that. Are you sending something that resembles a full email or just the words test?

We have a gmail verification DNS entry that has been approved/verified for years - I tested that verification and it is still in place and said I could not add it again because we are already verified.

We will continue to monitor this and submit to them that this is still occurring for several users.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Friday, December 22, 2023 at 8:17 AM - Response #4

This is still a problem. No gmail users are getting any of your automatic notifications.

Thank you.

Friday, December 22, 2023 at 7:28 PM - Response #5

Just to share with anyone following this thread. Some of us on our site received notifications today! First time since Dec. 11th!! Hope this means they were able to fix the issue!!

Friday, December 22, 2023 at 9:21 PM - Response #6

Hi Laurel,

Hopefully this is clearing up for you throughout the day today. We made some changes they requested and they are making some changes on their end as well. I believe we may have accidentally been included in some test changes they aren't requiring until next year. That would have been fine if we had received a heads up on the changes so we could prepare for them in advance.

Jessica

Friday, December 22, 2023 at 10:26 PM - Response #7

Jessica:

Thank you -- we are very happy to be receiving the news of the day.

Saturday, December 23, 2023 at 12:33 AM - Response #8

Jessica wrote:

Hopefully this is clearing up for you throughout the day today. We made some changes they requested and they are making some changes on their end as well. I believe we may have accidentally been included in some test changes they aren't requiring until next year. That would have been fine if we had received a heads up on the changes so we could prepare for them in advance.

Jessica

I did get an immediate notify about a Message Forum post to my alt Gmail account today, sent at 9:24 and received at 12:43, but have still NOT received that notify email in my primary AT&T account so far.

Monday, February 5, 2024 at 4:15 PM - Response #9

Hello:

Once again I am concerned about emails. We sent a message to all classmates, but it doesn't look like it actually went to everyone. The numbers are similar to those from early December with the gmail problem. This message was supposedly sent to 330 classmates, but it looks like only 174 have received it.

Thank you.

Edited 02/06/24 6:30 AM
Sunday, February 11, 2024 at 5:14 PM - Response #10

I'm getting inquiries about not receiving notifications since early Feb. Are we having problems again?

Thanks

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.