ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Profile Updates Following Mailing

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 05/21/13 06:45 AM Views: 999 Replies: 13
Tuesday, May 21, 2013 at 6:45 AM

Hello,
Is there a way for me to know which profiles have been updated and what was updated? We recently sent a postcard to classmates and because some profiles have been submitted or changed since the mailing, we may need to do an additional mailing. If the mailing address was changed/added, then I will know who to send an invitation to.. Can someone help me with this? Thanks!

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 at 8:11 AM - Response #1

You can get this information by doing a download of your data to a spreadsheet, then sorting by he LAST UPDATED column. Then ignoring all rows/classmates where the LAST UPDATED column is before the date you are interested in.

To download the data to a spreadsheet, go to Manage Classmates, scroll down to the DOWNLOAD CLASS LIST section, select the fields/columns you are interested in, then the DOWNLOAD CLASS LIST button

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 at 1:17 PM - Response #2

Also the Classmates roster has the red box/check mark icon for recent updates, and when you go to their profile you can filter by "Only New" or look at what is shown with red headings. Set your notify me to send you all the notices in the Profile Subscriptions, too.

Edited 05/21/13 1:22 PM
Tuesday, May 21, 2013 at 1:42 PM - Response #3

What are y'all missing that I apparently have marked on my site?

It may be under NOTIFY ME. I have this toggled as Immediate: "A new TAP Member joins the site".

I see this as an admin need. CC can verify if this is indeed what we should have marked.

I am about to share a screen shot of an email with the subject: "New TAP Member Notification". Have to remove the new member's name and email first.

Edited 05/21/13 1:52 PM
Tuesday, May 21, 2013 at 2:18 PM - Response #4

Dede does have this option marked on her DETAILS page of Manage Classmates: "Send email notification whenever a Classmate joins the site or changes his or her contact information"

From her original comment, it sounded like she wanted to know which profiles have changed SINCE HER MAILING, so she would be looking for those modified after a date. The easiest way to do this would be what I suggested above because all of the changes would be in a spreadsheet and easy to compare to what she already has.

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 at 2:42 PM - Response #5

Oops... updates. My bad. My apologies. Isn't there a Notify Me option for that? I thought I was getting emails on those as well. After checking the update, I would have deleted the notification. If not, I just cleaned my email of over 2000 emails. I'm pretty sure there is not one to be found. Now to run a test...

Here is the email notification of an update:

Edited 05/21/13 3:15 PM
Tuesday, May 21, 2013 at 3:21 PM - Response #6

As I search for where there is a toggle or such to make to receive notifications of updated profiles, I have a suggestion... we need a notify me for Admins. There are more notifications that we might (I would) like that are not necessary for members.

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 at 4:07 PM - Response #7

The download will certainly give her the records for anybody who changed information since that email date but it won't indicate which specific information is changed or updated. Going forward, she can get that from her Notify Me/Profile Subscription setting, or by checking for updated status on the Classmates roster page.

I'm an admin but I see this under Member Functions, Notify Me, Profile Subscriptions, at the very bottom of the page.

Edited 05/21/13 4:22 PM
Tuesday, May 21, 2013 at 4:12 PM - Response #8

Gwen,

On your NOTIFY ME page, scroll down to below the group of options and you will see this link:

ADMINS ONLY: Admin Email Notifications

This is where you can set up those ADMIN SPECIFIC notifications.

Is that what you are asking?

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 at 4:15 PM - Response #9

Duh, the one place you THINK I would have remembered... it is not new! It is on our personal profile page. Here it is:

Email Notifications
       Send email notification whenever a Classmate joins the site or changes his or her contact information

Are there too many places for an Admin to have to set to be notified?

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 at 4:36 PM - Response #10

Following Mary's suggestion, we would have to select "Subscribe to All Profiles In All Years" under the class options for Alumni/Multi-Class year sites. I do not recall clicking that button but did have the option under it to Once Daily for: "A profile I'm Subscribed to is updated". My guess... that is why I am receiving the updates.

So it is in two places... Notify Me and on Root Admin Profile pages and possibly Site Admins Profile pages, if they have been given email access for that from their Root Admin.

Is this exhausting?

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 at 3:55 PM - Response #11

Oh boy.. does this mean the only way I can tell which addresses were added/changed over the past few weeks is by checking emails w/ the updates (which I do subscribe to?)

It shouldn't be too tedious of a task.. hopefully..

(Thanks all!)

Wednesday, May 29, 2013 at 7:52 PM - Response #12

Definitely need an updates page on site. Smile It's always the obvious things. Smile Adding to queue.

Thursday, May 30, 2013 at 12:27 AM - Response #13

Smile Gotta love that queue! Many things have come to be from it! Smile

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.