ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Space Issue

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 10/03/08 09:04 AM Views: 1235 Replies: 6
Friday, October 3, 2008 at 9:04 AM

When I added a slideshow from Slide.com on my home page, it created lots of space between the slide show and my announcements. I've gone into the Source, but don't see any spaces that I can take out. Can anyone help me? Thanks!

Friday, October 3, 2008 at 9:15 AM - Response #1

All you need to do is go back to edit home page, scroll to the very bottom of page. Since your announcements won't show up click at the bottom of page and then hit back space till you get to your slide show, but don't go to far....That will eliminate the space and bring your announcements back up.

Edited 10/03/08 9:17 AM
Friday, October 3, 2008 at 11:44 AM - Response #2

I did go back to check this, but, when I got to the last part of text in the Source, there is nothing there that I can delete. On my web site I just think there is too much space from my slide show to the announcements. Is there something else that I can try?

Friday, October 3, 2008 at 1:38 PM - Response #3

You had a couple html paragraph tags in there that were causing the space. I zapped 'em since I was in there, but if this happens again, sometimes it's helpful to click on the source button and simply delete a

tag or two that may be causing these undesired spaces.

Saturday, October 11, 2008 at 8:42 PM - Response #4

Thank you for your assistance. I appreciate you helping me out.

Monday, October 13, 2008 at 4:45 PM - Response #5

Hello. Me again! I changed the slide show and it happened to me again. I don't see a lot of extra spaces in the Source code. Can you help me out again? Thanks!

Monday, October 13, 2008 at 5:02 PM - Response #6

But of course I can. Smile Except this time I'm going to show you how to help yourself:

Go back into your code, and look for your closing tag. Immediately thereafter your will see this exact code:

Delete all of that. The first

is putting in one space. But the next two lines are putting in 2 spaces. So all totaled that code is causing 5 unwanted spaces on your page.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.