ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Guest Member on Multi-Class Site

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/10/09 02:42 PM Views: 1707 Replies: 5
Saturday, January 10, 2009 at 2:42 PM

My site is for 1985-1989. I have a guest member who graduated in 1982 and wants his own profile. So, I did the "Show as Guest Member" thing. But, when he goes to make his profile, it makes him choose a graduation year and his year is not on there, of course. I have put beside his name "c/o '82"...but he's not satisfied with that because he doesn't want to be lumped in with the class of 85. Any way around this? Thanks so much!

Saturday, January 10, 2009 at 2:45 PM - Response #1

Sorry, I'm an administrator on 3 sites...this is the one I'm referring to in the earlier post...

Saturday, January 10, 2009 at 2:48 PM - Response #2

Don't know why it's using this logo. Anyway, the site I'm referring to with the guest member problem is www.jacket-house.com

Saturday, January 10, 2009 at 3:44 PM - Response #3

Hmmm. Very good point Vicki. Guest Members on multi sites really shouldn't be associated with a year. Thus on those accounts we'll need to exclude the Year field altogether. Adding to Task List.

Tuesday, January 13, 2009 at 1:50 PM - Response #4

www.notredamehsreunion.com
Hi Brad
I don't know how you stay sane with all of the request and problems coming your way. My concern about guest is that in a multi-year site, a guest name is listed in every year. A couple of months back you said that it was in the works to have them listed at the bottom of the "Classmates Profiles" page only. If this is still the case, how far away from this goal are we?
Thanks
David

Tuesday, January 13, 2009 at 5:49 PM - Response #5

Still on list. Was marked low priority, so it simply hasn't surfaced yet. Still coming though.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.