ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Inserting a Playlist

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 01/10/09 12:53 PM Views: 1797 Replies: 10
Saturday, January 10, 2009 at 12:53 PM

Does anyone know if there is a way to get a playlist (from playlist .com) into the announcements box. No matter how much I shrink it down (all the way to 1,1)when I insert it as an announcement, it enlarges the entire announcement box. The reason I want to put it in there is so I can keep it at the bottom of the page where it is not noticeable.

Saturday, January 10, 2009 at 1:22 PM - Response #1

There are 4 widths including the main width of the region at the top of your Playlist code. You need to change ALl widths and heights to 1. Thus you need to change 8 numbers total. If you do that you'll have no problem hiding your Playlist in your Announcements box. In fact if you want you can even make it 0,0, and it won't even show the one black pixel.

Monday, January 12, 2009 at 1:23 AM - Response #2

Ok.. I am having the same issue. I followed your steps and is not showing the full playlist so my classmates can view the songs. It is just showing the buttons. I left the three buttons on the site so you can see what my issue is. Please Help!!

Oh! another thing..I'm thinking about putting the playlist in a customize link so they can click on it and view and listen to the music instead of having it on the main site. So I'm sure what's you assist me with setting the playlist correctly, I can apply the same steps to the customize link or would that be different?

Thanks

Fonda

Edited 01/12/09 1:36 AM
Monday, January 12, 2009 at 2:32 AM - Response #3

The answer to your second question is yes. But I need you to go back to PlayList and get your source code again. Delete the code that's on your page now and replace it with a fresh copy of your code. Somewhere along the line something in your code got removed inadvertently.

Monday, January 12, 2009 at 3:17 AM - Response #4
playlist.doc

I tried it twice and it didn't work. I have an attachment of the steps I took and I'm still only getting three buttons.

Monday, January 12, 2009 at 4:46 PM - Response #5

Hi LaFonda,

Can you go back to playlist and grab a fresh copy of the code and mail it to mail@classcreator.com and we'll take a look at the raw code. Thanks.

Monday, February 2, 2009 at 4:05 PM - Response #6

I have reduced the width of my player down to 250 pix, but it still shows up on the "bottom" of the center section (table). How many pixels width is the center table on the master page? How do I get this player to "just" fit the overall width of the center table?

Monday, February 2, 2009 at 5:02 PM - Response #7

Looks like ya figured it out. Smile

Thursday, March 19, 2009 at 8:15 AM - Response #8

How can I get my playlist below my annoucements?

Thursday, March 19, 2009 at 11:40 AM - Response #9

Hi Glenda,

You can add the playlist as your last annoucement - that way it will always be at the very bottom of the annoucements.

Thursday, March 19, 2009 at 11:44 AM - Response #10

Thank you Jessica, I don't think I have mine as an announcement maybe that is the problem. I'm going to change it now. Thanks for your help

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.