ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Password Protected Pages

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 11/21/08 07:31 PM Views: 1227 Replies: 4
Friday, November 21, 2008 at 7:31 PM

Before I set pages as password protected, I just want to make sure I understand the password part. I have to indicate the password that needs to be used in order to access those pages at the bottom of the Edit Site Pages page? Does that mean that anyone who tries to visit those pages that doesn't have that password will not be able to enter? Or does each registered classmate gain access to those pages by simply keying in their site login information?

Thanks!

Vicki

Friday, November 21, 2008 at 7:38 PM - Response #1

It's the later. Classmates have access to all password protected pages just by being logged in. Non logged in viewers cannot get into password protected pages unless they know your system password.

Friday, November 21, 2008 at 7:40 PM - Response #2

That's what I thought, but then I started thinking (too hard) about it, and got myself confused, which isn't hard to do!

Thanks, Brad!

Vicki

Tuesday, December 9, 2008 at 7:08 PM - Response #3

I've password protected all our site pages EXCEPT for the HOME and MISSING CLASSMATES pages. [= Put checkmarks on selected pages and specified password in EDIT SITE PAGES]

However, a few of our classmates say that they are able to access other site pages, even before they log in.

Please advise.

Tuesday, December 9, 2008 at 7:34 PM - Response #4

Trust me they're still logged in. Have them press the log out link and then try it. Or if you really want to give it an accurate test, have them clear their cache, shut down their browser, open it back up, and then try it again. No non-logged-in person can get into a password protected page.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.