ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Announcement problems

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 12/24/09 10:30 AM Views: 2003 Replies: 5
Thursday, December 24, 2009 at 10:30 AM

Kyle or Brad

Merry Christmas! But please don't answer this until after the holidays when you have time.

On the home page announcement, "register and profile" I added an announcement (above the dancing penquin) about monthly dinners, choosing two font colors, red and black and listing the dinner locations in a smaller font. On the edit you can see what I wanted. However, on the home page, it is all black and the same size font. I pasted in the first list from an email, now I suspect that the list was originally in Word. So I opened source, deleted what I thought was the Word portion of the code, then retyped it. Didn't work. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

PS Just heard from the French exchange student who was in our class in 1960-61. She found our site and sent images! Yahoo!

Donna

Thursday, December 24, 2009 at 10:42 AM - Response #1

Probably since it was pasted from WORD, you have this in the code at each line

I deleted this and it worked. Aparently, "mainfont" is defined as a style when you are editing, but it isn't defined on the main display page.

Thursday, December 24, 2009 at 10:49 AM - Response #2

Thank you Kyle!

As usual you are speedy and helpful! I'm learning from your instructions and adapting to the Mac/PC differences.

One more question, can you embed one song without a playlist on a page?

Donna

Thursday, December 24, 2009 at 10:55 AM - Response #3

Yes,

You didn't say what type of file, but the above will embed a MIDI file. Just upload the music file through INSERT/EDIT LINK and then replace the above URL (inside src="..") with the URL for the music you want to embed.

To turn off Autostart, change TRUE to FALSE.

To make the player invisible, change the width and height to 1px

Thursday, December 24, 2009 at 11:05 AM - Response #4

Kyle,

Does this instruction change when the file is not Midi and something else?

Donna

Thursday, December 24, 2009 at 11:07 AM - Response #5

give it a try. It says "audio/midi" which probably means any audio. Let me know if it doesn't work and I can do more research.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.