ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Backgrounds? Word Art?

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 01/10/09 08:38 AM Views: 1533 Replies: 3
Saturday, January 10, 2009 at 8:38 AM

Hey All,

I'm looking for a way to give two of our pages a lil more pizzazz. I found out that I can't cut and paste WordArt from a Word Doc and I feel like I use the same fonts over and over again. Other fonts I cannot cut and paste from the Word doc either. Any suggestions on how to spice it up a bit?

Also, is there a way to post a background? When I try to do a total background color on one of our pages now, it just does a background on the words I type instead of putting it on the whole page.

Any help/advice/suggestions appreciated!

- Mandy

Saturday, January 10, 2009 at 12:20 PM - Response #1

Hi Mandy. After you create your document in Word, preview it and use "Jing" to capture it and post it on your site as a .png or .jpg. Very easy to do. You can find it here: http://www.jingproject.com/

For background color for your paragraphs, put them in a table and you can select your background color. I don't believe there is a way to change the background of the whole page but you can add background to the white space to the right of your page. Good luck with your site.

Saturday, January 10, 2009 at 1:29 PM - Response #2

Putting a background image on your site: See this thread.

Convert Word Art to Web Ready images. Copy and paste images into any graphics package, then save in the GIF format. Now post to your site. If you need a good free image program download Irfanview from www.irfanview.com.

Fonts: Fonts only work if the viewer has the same fonts installed on their own local computer. Thus in order to assure your site appears the same way to all viewers, our editor only includes common fonts that all viewers will have. Otherwise fonts get substituted and there's no telling what happens to the formatting of your page.

Edited 01/10/09 1:30 PM
Wednesday, January 14, 2009 at 5:15 PM - Response #3

Here's what I did for the big WELCOME on my homepage:

I typed up the font that I wanted to use in Word.

Then I did a Ctrl + Print Screen (to get a view of that screen) and then pasted it in the Word document.

Then I cropped it down to what I wanted to use.

Next, I cut and pasted it into Paint and saved it.

Then I went to page, and uploaded it like a picture...worked like a charm!

Good luck!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.