ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Presentation of Military List

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 04/02/10 06:29 PM Views: 1484 Replies: 7
Friday, April 2, 2010 at 6:29 PM

When I originally entered our Military List to my website, I did so, from an excell spreadsheet. On the excell spread sheet, I had entered the lines bordering each cell. When I attempted to enter the data from the spreadsheet to the website, the verbage entered, but the lines bordering the cells did not. I just wondered if no ones Military List has any cell borders, or if mine is unique.

I am sorry if I was unclear in my earlier entry. I have gotten along without the borders ever since starting the site, so I am sure I can continue to do without them just fine. Edd

Edited 04/03/10 1:01 AM
Friday, April 2, 2010 at 8:09 PM - Response #1

Ok, I just read that 5 times, and I have no clue what you're asking. Smile

Are you saying you'd like the table lines from your Excel file to show up somewhere on your class web site? If so where exactly?

Friday, April 2, 2010 at 8:26 PM - Response #2

Methinks he doth request cell borders to show.

Friday, April 2, 2010 at 8:28 PM - Response #3

Where does youthinks he wants them to show? On the Classmate Profiles page?

Saturday, April 3, 2010 at 12:36 AM - Response #4

For some reason I have always thought that tables looked a bit better if there was an actual framework instead of just a bunch of lines of words. In my Military list, the rows that include first name, last name, years of service, etc. are separated by spaces, as are the columns, but there are no lines separating either the rows or columns. I just figured the entire section would look very much more professional with the lines, giving it a more crisp structure. Sorry I asked.

Saturday, April 3, 2010 at 1:11 AM - Response #5

Oh I see. I thought you were referring to your initial Classmate import from Excel. You're just talking about a simple copy and paste operation. You had a table in Excel, you pasted it, and the border went away. You liked the border. It's a simple fix. If you go into edit mode for the table you can just set the border thickness to 1. I just did it on your military page, check it out.

Saturday, April 3, 2010 at 1:51 AM - Response #6

Thanks, Brad. I was about to go off on you for making fun of my original question, while you were busy fixing my problem. I need to go to bed. As usual, great job......Edd

Saturday, April 3, 2010 at 7:14 AM - Response #7

All questions are good questions. I didn't mean to imply it wasn't. Must be the Spring air. Smile

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.