ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Change Colors

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 01/31/13 07:54 PM Views: 860 Replies: 9
Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 7:54 PM

I was able to successfully change the background for our Hugo69 site, but can't seem to make it work for Antlers69. In fact, the 'background' has gone missing from Antlers69 and is just plain 'ole' white now.
Any suggestions ?
Have to admit, I've not kept either site up-to-date lately, so plan to start trying to motivate classmates to visit more . . . as our 45th reunions will be next year.
Thanks again to everyone at CC. You are the greatest and I love our class sites !
Sincerely,
Kathy

Friday, February 1, 2013 at 12:00 AM - Response #1

When this design was initially constructed due to the sloping upper left corner we omitted the ability to upload a background image. If you change designs it should come back. With today's technology we can work the background in there and have it mesh with the black sloping left pieces. I'll put in a ticket to make that happen. For the moment if you want to use a background image I recommend switching designs.

Friday, February 1, 2013 at 12:40 AM - Response #2

That's strange because I always added the same backgrounds to Antlers69 and Hugo69. Maybe I'm using the wrong 'terminology.' It's where you go to "change colors" and have some sort of design (hearts-Hugo69) on the right side????
Duh? I'm not much better at explaining myself now as I was when I created these sites.

Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 12:07 AM - Response #3

My fault sorry. What I said above was initially true, but later we did in fact make the background function work on this design. It didn't blend with the black sloping left top but that was ok... We should be able to make it work the same way again.

Monday, February 11, 2013 at 11:31 PM - Response #4

Brad Switzer wrote:

My fault sorry. What I said above was initially true, but later we did in fact make the background function work on this design. It didn't blend with the black sloping left top but that was ok... We should be able to make it work the same way again.

I changed the design now how do I change the background image. I don't see the link that was there "Change Colors"
anymore. SO how do I change the background now?

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 at 12:37 AM - Response #5

Go further down in Change Design. Says Site Colors and there you can pick colors and upload a background image.

Is that what you needed?

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 at 8:45 AM - Response #6

Yes, Jack is right. The "Change Design" menu now includes what used to be called "Change Colors" and "Edit School/Logo" are now found.

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 at 10:55 AM - Response #7

Yes thanks, I got that soon after I started playing around with different new themes I found it. Now all we need is a "back to top" button.

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 at 12:41 PM - Response #8

You can try Ctrl+Home to get to the top of a long page. Ctrl+End for the end. Haven't tried on all browsers but IE, FF and Chrome work.

Wednesday, February 13, 2013 at 11:37 AM - Response #9

Please see your home page. I added an anchor to the top of your home page content, as well as a link at the bottom of the page that links to that anchor. (Back to top) You can copy this to as many pages as you need.

or, Jack's trick works as well.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.