ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Cannot Get Onto Website

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 04/06/13 11:47 AM Views: 1413 Replies: 12
Saturday, April 6, 2013 at 11:47 AM

Hi,
HELP! I cannot get into my website any which way. Site will pop up when I go to it if I'm not logged in. I log in. Says "log in successful. Please wait or click here". I wait; site pops up for a second or two. Then it changes to a blank page with my background color, and at the bottom right the icon for "one on line" pops up. I wait, & wait, & wait. Nothing happens.
Then I decided to google the website to get into it that way. Same exact thing happens. Then I changed my browser from 'chome' to IE. Same thing. I went to Paypal account which has site name on it and a direct link to site. I get to the site as a stranger. I log in. Same thing happens. What should I do?
Barbara
P.S. Also tried to access my Platinum e-mail. It's not being forwarded to my personal e-mail as it was before. AS IF I don't exist.

Edited 04/06/13 12:07 PM
Saturday, April 6, 2013 at 2:29 PM - Response #1

I have no idea. Everything looks fine. Can you try rebooting your computer? Windows is funny that way. The fact you're seeing this in two different browsers suggests something is "messed up" for lack of better word on your computer. Please let me know if the problem is gone after a reboot.

Saturday, April 6, 2013 at 2:45 PM - Response #2

Ok, I will, Brad. Thanks.

Saturday, April 6, 2013 at 2:45 PM - Response #3

Ok, I will, Brad. Thanks.

Saturday, April 6, 2013 at 7:33 PM - Response #4

Well, same thing. I turned the computer off for a couple of hours. Turned back on, made sure nothing was open, opened chrome, went to St. Angela Hall. Boom -- some thing. Let me ask you; can you, or rather, would you go into my site for me and extract an e-mail to me in the message center, PLEASE?
Barbara

Sunday, April 7, 2013 at 2:30 AM - Response #5

Can you repeat this on any other device? Laptop? Tablet? Smartphone? Any other computer? Have you run a virus scan on your system?

Sunday, April 7, 2013 at 5:54 AM - Response #6

I ran a virus scan. Still happens after the clean up. I'll try a different computer tomorrow (my neighbor).

Sunday, April 7, 2013 at 1:54 PM - Response #7

I view your site Chrome & Firefox, Barbara. I have not checked IE, but expect that works as well.

Sunday, April 7, 2013 at 2:44 PM - Response #8

Barbara,
Since visiting your site, I have had a few problems with the computer I used. I am about to run not only a virus scan but will follow it up with one or two rounds of SUPERAntiSpyware AND Spybot Search and Destroy. Why so many? Norton did not catch a trojan virus I had two months ago. SUPERAntiSpyware did and supposedly removed it but Spybot found it after it was 'removed.' It was one that embeds so deep it is tough to quarantine and remove. I suggest you not only run a virus scan but use the two I have noted above.

For those who are thinking Malwarebytes... it did not catch that trojan two months ago after Norton, which is how I found SUPERAntiSpyware.

If I find something on the computer I used, I'll report back.

Let us know when you get into your site, Barbara.

Sunday, April 7, 2013 at 5:39 PM - Response #9

Gwen, oh Gwen,
YOU ARE A GENIUS !! I did "spybot" and it worked. I'm able to get into the website; AND it was really free. I love you. Thank you sooo much.
Barbara

Sunday, April 7, 2013 at 9:01 PM - Response #10

Glad it worked for you, Barbara!

Wednesday, April 17, 2013 at 1:31 PM - Response #11

Gwen Corey wrote:

Barbara,
Since visiting your site, I have had a few problems with the computer I used. I am about to run not only a virus scan but will follow it up with one or two rounds of SUPERAntiSpyware AND Spybot Search and Destroy. Why so many? Norton did not catch a trojan virus I had two months ago. SUPERAntiSpyware did and supposedly removed it but Spybot found it after it was 'removed.' It was one that embeds so deep it is tough to quarantine and remove. I suggest you not only run a virus scan but use the two I have noted above.

For those who are thinking Malwarebytes... it did not catch that trojan two months ago after Norton, which is how I found SUPERAntiSpyware.

If I find something on the computer I used, I'll report back.

Let us know when you get into your site, Barbara.

Gwen - question. Do these programs automatically remove items found or do they quarantine them and give you the option to delete or not? I am not fond of automatic removals. I currently use Norton 360 and Malwarebytes. Thanks.

Wednesday, April 17, 2013 at 1:47 PM - Response #12

Barbara,

I have Norton & used Malwarebytes. Neither found the PUP.bProtector trojan virus that was on my laptop. SuperAntiSpyware found it, quarantined and I removed it. Per a recommendation, I ran it again and the dreaded thing was there the second round. I did the same at the end. THEN I ran Spybot Search and Destroy, which is one I've used many times in the past. I ran it twice before the dreaded thing was not found... though it did reappear the next day. Some are so imbedded they are hard to remove. I'm about to run both programs again. I highly recommend both of them, as Norton and Malware failed on this particular virus.

With that shared, be sure to update all of these programs regularly.

I will say that I believe finding a virus depends upon which program has the 'fix' for the virus they find and add to their updates. If we fail to update, we are not helping ourselves.

Norton still runs in the background on my pc and laptop.

Let us know if you find something.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.