ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

"Featured" Classmates (Profile on Homepage)

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 02/28/09 11:15 PM Views: 1340 Replies: 3
Saturday, February 28, 2009 at 11:15 PM

I'd like to "feature" a classmate profile on the homepage each week or so. Is there any process that will allow me to do so? I think it would really encourage folks to check out what everyone else is doing... Plus, it offers an opportunity for others to see what we've all been upto, without having to page through 700 (or so, in my class) individual profiles.

Sunday, March 1, 2009 at 12:00 AM - Response #1

There is no automated "Featured Classmate" feature, no. Although you could certainly make a Featured Classmate area on your home page using your editor.

Sunday, March 1, 2009 at 12:14 AM - Response #2

Natalie Chopey (Jones) wrote:

I'd like to "feature" a classmate profile on the homepage each week or so. Is there any process that will allow me to do so? I think it would really encourage folks to check out what everyone else is doing... Plus, it offers an opportunity for others to see what we've all been upto, without having to page through 700 (or so, in my class) individual profiles.

Natalie,

I have an idea for Featured Profile of the Week Wink

you can ask your alumni to nominate fellow alumni or even themselves .... up to six nominations & post them on the poll on the front page for the week for the whole class to vote on .... this will actually get your alumni to check out all six people and vote Very Happy the people nominated actually end up nudging their friends to vote for them as well so it makes it fun.

every sunday night change the poll for the next week ... when I was an admin on another classcreator site, it worked beautifully .... the first two weeks only a few people were nominated, so I picked the other 2 or 3 needed to make the 6 for the poll ... by the third week of doing it I was getting 10 or more nominations but I could only put 6 on the poll so I put the first 6 sent in to my email.

then I created a page called the Hall of Fame where I posted the weekly winners picturesWink

I'm going to do it on this site as well when I get at least 100 alumni registered Very Happy

~christine marie Cool

Sunday, March 1, 2009 at 11:37 AM - Response #3

I have a featured classmate that I change every Sunday. However, I do not put it on my Homepage, I have it on my "Memories" page. (which requires registration and logging in--no freebie lurking) I have the person's picture and the link to their profile hidden so when you click the picture it goes to their profile. Since everything thru life has been "alphabetical", I chose to start at the END OF THE ALPHABET, and feature EACH classmate that is registered. That way everyone will be featured at some point in time.

Edited 03/01/09 11:38 AM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.